• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the way for a few tests at the doctor's office, that is surely to undignified situations. What shoes to wear? At least I will walk in and out with a higher degree of style than the visit. Alden X LaRossa.

View attachment 1416767
Good luck today. At the doc’s, too (w my dad).
17D0775F-F6D3-4AA1-8F48-E947FFE3E560.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
405. Trubalance. 10 eee. Purchased from TSM 2 summers ago. It’s that “pecan” color run (I have another pair that are more of the brown brown.)
Gotcha. I knew they weren't standard 405s, but I was wondering if they were the pecan run or something with that dark welt!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the way for a few tests at the doctor's office, that is surely to undignified situations. What shoes to wear? At least I will walk in and out with a higher degree of style than the visit. Alden X LaRossa.

View attachment 1416767
Hope the visit goes well and nothing wrong. Love the shoes, one of Alden's best leathers and now I'm going to have to investigate a NST boot in that leather and see if I can locate one.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope the visit goes well and nothing wrong. Love the shoes, one of Alden's best leathers and now I'm going to have to investigate a NST boot in that leather and see if I can locate one.

Yenni's Sasso boot on Plaza could fit the bill I believe. I think Stronghold ran a TB tanker with scotch grain as well

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I knew they weren't standard 405s, but I was wondering if they were the pecan run or something with that dark welt!
Hahha oh the welt is my fault. I got a stain on the toe and started chasing it. Then I decided “to burnish” (using that term generously) the front and welt. Well, it looked terrible. Finally stripped it all off and the result is what you see. They look “slightly aged” now. These are my GADA boots now...no need to baby them anymore.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yenni's Sasso boot on Plaza could fit the bill I believe. I think Stronghold ran a TB tanker with scotch grain as well
Thanks for the fast response!
I actually had the Stronghold boot, but sold it as it wasn't exactly what I was after, would have been better if Barrie (as was originally advertised on their web site) or Plaza. Sasso is a great boot, have had a pair of them as well (sizing issue on my part forced sale). I suppose I should have made myself more clear. Scotch Grain, NST boot, on Plaza, with hooks would be more what my brain was telling me when I typed my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads