• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Ah, the 907. It was my gateway shoe into the #Aldenarmy. The AE 65 last for the Park Ave. would not work for my wide foot and high instep. The 907 not only fit, it actually closed properly. A revelation as I had given up finding a cap toe that would actually work on my feet. That 907 led to the same shoe in #8 shell, and then black shell. And then on to try the Barrie last. I then thought, 29 pairs later, "So this is what the bottom of the rabbit hole looks like." Here is to the 907.

View attachment 1416090
A tremendous journey you’re on! 29!

Dare I say that I may even be able to wear a ee instead of a eee on the Hampton—Such volume. I hope to acquire the 911 and the 9070...

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E0838028-C70B-4864-BF9B-69A9A034962B.jpeg

mykii2704

Reaction score
And, yet again, no matter how many times I ask to be put on a list, I still can't get a pair of rare Aldens :(.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, yet again, no matter how many times I ask to be put on a list, I still can't get a pair of rare Aldens :(.

You do realize that not every store has a 'ask to be put on' list? I would argue that most don't, and the ones that do will easily have a backlog of 2-3 years easily.

nbernie

Reaction score
If your aim is to buy enough hides yourself for a run of shoes and ship them to Alden to make, you can forget about it, because they're definitely not going to do that. It was asked about in the past and firmly rejected.
It's likely a combination of it being more trouble for them than it's worth as the factory certainly isn't hurting for orders at the moment coupled with potential claims/liability (e.g., which party is responsible if one of the hides tears and is rendered unusable). It's the same reason most car dealers will only install parts you purchased through them.
Thanks guys! Makes sense. I guess I'll have to keep hoping Alden adds back some other reverse chamois colors. Love that material!

nbernie

Reaction score
Opened up two green boxes from AOC this morning! Really excited about these as they’re a bit different from other stuff I have. I like the colored stitching on the vouchers and the shape of the George boot is unlike anything in my collection so far!
3234DF62-89C5-4183-A638-96DF1D8088FD.jpeg
5107F416-3DFB-4A78-AFDC-D7FFA6A3F9B1.jpeg
FBFA9230-6DD7-4B7D-85E5-1F838D32F8BF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads