• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m a 9.5D in Barrie. I assume you preordered?
No I didn't pre-order, and I'm a 8.5D, just happened to be in a conversation with Matt and the boot came up....so I first said no, then changed my mind to yes. We will see. If they have already sold my size, so be it, and if not you and I will be posting pix around the same time :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m a 9.5D in Barrie/ (hopefully 379X). I assume you preordered?
If you are like me, you will find the 379x a very comfy last in Barrie size. Toebox isn't as large as Barrie or TB, but overall fit is good. I like the "grip" on the heel and arch area feels dead on for me. Got my first 379 from TSM Seconds as I liked the leather on the boot, have been on the "hunt" for more since then.

michaeliany

Reaction score
I don't have it, have been eyeing it, and I know Mack has it back in stock............
I’m strongly considering it despite the small risk of not being sized on the 379x.
Only true reason holding me back is I want their cognac tanker once it becomes available again.
Fell in love with it when you posted on your IG as well as on here.
Despite the cognac calf overlap, they are at least different lasts.
Who knows - maybe I’ll join in on the alcohol-aided decision-making as well and end up getting it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m strongly considering it despite the small risk of not being sized on the 379x.
Only true reason holding me back is I want their cognac tanker once it becomes available again.
Fell in love with it when you posted on your IG as well as on here.
Despite the cognac calf overlap, they are at least different lasts.
Who knows - maybe I’ll join in on the alcohol-aided decision-making as well and end up getting it.
I suppose, in keeping with Style Forum tradition, I should say JUST DO IT. But one must consider overlap, but I do like the Cognac tanker (which was a duplicate for something I had from Yenni) sold the Yenni pair and kept the Brogue pair as I liked the hardware more.

michaeliany

Reaction score
I suppose, in keeping with Style Forum tradition, I should say JUST DO IT. But one must consider overlap, but I do like the Cognac tanker (which was a duplicate for something I had from Yenni) sold the Yenni pair and kept the Brogue pair as I liked the hardware more.
Agreed.
The brass hardware on the tanker makes the biggest difference for me too.
1 drink in and holding steadfast on waiting for tanker.

michaeliany

Reaction score
No need to weasel me on the cognac military.
I do a good job of that on my own.
Drink 2 and I’ve contacted Mack re: cognac tanker
And I’ve added cognac military to cart. Hahaha

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No need to weasel me on the cognac military.
I do a good job of that on my own.
Drink 2 and I’ve contacted Mack re: cognac tanker
And I’ve added cognac military to cart. Hahaha
ONE MORE DRINK -------and they are yours :). It's a great boot, from a great retailer and an awesome boot company.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about fading these.. then I chicken out .. another 110 day here so Unlined gets the call again.
IMG_6885.JPG

BTW those Black Shell Indy's would never fly.. the sole is wonky as well. Very surprised Brogue shipped these.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thinking about fading these.. then I chicken out .. another 110 day here so Unlined gets the call again. View attachment 1400641

BTW those Black Shell Indy's would never fly.. the sole is wonky as well. Very surprised Brogue shipped these.
They will fade on their own with time....What is wrong with the sole?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sole on the Indy is bent.. aweful and a turn off for me.. come on sending that out is just wrong at full retail.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no obligation other than the fact that everything else about them is great and I do like the style of the 360 welt and brass. But the stitching issue seems like a biggie since you look down and see it. Had a pair of boots from another manufacturer with cross-eye cap toes, drove me nuts. After 3/4 of a beer I'm leaning towards returning. Time to refill my glass and see if that changes...
If you felt you needed to consult the forum, you're probably not going to be happy with them. I honestly would send them back. Mack is a great guy to deal with. Just be on the lookout for the next pre order, and hope the next pair will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads