• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plain 'ole Indy boots, nothing dramatic here today.
IMG_2811.jpeg

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unionmade Kirkwoods in ravello, c. 2012. @JSO1 has a cool theory that these could well be color 4.

View attachment 1399378
Beautiful boots. I remember when those were posted on their website. I didn’t have enough coin available at that time. Sure am sorry I missed out but glad that a few guys out there scored a pair.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked AE's brown shell.

IMG_20200602_100019.jpg
IMG_20200602_093501.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a little update on the fade project that I started about a month ago. These have seen around 2 full weeks of sun since then.
View attachment 1399628

And here's a comparison shot with some other non-faded color 8
View attachment 1399629
Looking really nice, my Indy's are coming along nicely (posted them a couple days back). I was a bit afraid to subject a pair of color 8's to the full sun, but after seeing results like the ones you just posted and others, took the plunge. Glad I did.

patrickngai

Reaction score
Is it only me that find calf LHS fits better than cordovan LHS? the cordovan ones(I bought 2 pairs) just feels too rigid, while these 984s fit like a glove, supple.

My experience is that cordovan is very stiff at the start, but when they break in, they become more comfortable. Just my experience (I only have a pair of of cordovan LHS, no calf).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience is that cordovan is very stiff at the start, but when they break in, they become more comfortable. Just my experience (I only have a pair of of cordovan LHS, no calf).
I have no shell LHS, only calf, but I would agree with your assumption based on boots made from shell.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no shell LHS, only calf, but I would agree with your assumption based on boots made from shell.

I have 3 pairs of LHS (natural CXL, brown alpine grain J. Crew, and lined color 8 shell). The CXL and calf both fit similar (and snug), while the color 8 pair are notably looser, despite being the same size.
The alpine grain and color 8 pairs are both quite stiff. The CXL pair, as you may imagine, are not so much.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum pals. Hump day and casual shell will do just fine.

IMG_8777.jpg

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd share the progress so far on my latest fade project, my BB unlined LHS. When these were brand new, they were probably the darkest pair of #8 I'd received and I almost thought they were black when I pulled them out of the box (I've included a picture from new for comparison). Not sure exactly how light I want to go with these but I do have a little bit of work to do on getting each shoe to a more even color.

20200603_092330.jpg

20190716_165433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads