• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little late to the party. A lot going on downtown Raleigh as a lot of you know but would not miss honoring Mac on this day. I came to SF towards the very end of his presence but learned a great deal from him. Mac will always be apart of my Alden experience. Rest In Peace Uncle.
View attachment 1399153
Hopefully you all as well as the shop are safe!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH, I'm desperately trying to preserve the eggplant color of these boots. I'll have to hit the vamp with some color 8 cordovan creme.
So that's all just natural? Incredible

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
19A8017D-AA1D-496D-A410-4E6E7437FB1E.jpeg
Color 8 WTB in Missing Mac formation

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TBH, I'm desperately trying to preserve the eggplant color of these boots. I'll have to hit the vamp with some color 8 cordovan creme.
If you are able to preserve the eggplant color, let us all know how, EVERY pair I have of color 8 is fading to some degree.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this story!

Here's a good Mac story for you: One night, while up late, I made a post about my excessive alcohol consumption that day. The next morning I had a message from Mac telling me "Nephew, boasting about excessive alcohol intake in a public forum is not necessary" and that I should remove the post immediately. Needless to say I removed the post and learned a good lesson.
There's a lot of people that could benefit from a message like that!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this story!

Here's a good Mac story for you: One night, while up late, I made a post about my excessive alcohol consumption that day. The next morning I had a message from Mac telling me "Nephew, boasting about excessive alcohol intake in a public forum is not necessary" and that I should remove the post immediately. Needless to say I removed the post and learned a good lesson.

@sazon what year was that?

giphy.gif
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 8.02.41 PM.png

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 8.26.05 PM.png

Last one for tonight. 3 hours before midnight on New Years Eve, Uncle Mac is telling me to not spend money on expensive champagne but rather invest in a plan for my (then two year old) daughters college fund.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
So I asked on facebook and came up with a few options and remembered I should check here too. That said:

Indy in brown country calf. What special makeups are out there for it? I know the one across the pond with the crepe sole but I'm curious what else is out there.

htimsdj

Reaction score
The best thing I have found is the Saphir pommadier cream shoe polish in Burgundy 08. Not the Cordovan specific cream. This is more purple than the Cordovan cream they make, which has a bit of a brown hue to it.

If you are able to preserve the eggplant color, let us all know how, EVERY pair I have of color 8 is fading to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads