• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, trying hard not to grab the 12D in stock ones... how do you like them as far as incorporating them into outfits?
Well, since yesterday was their maiden voyage, I've got limited experience in that regard, but I like them a lot, and I think they go really well with those 14 oz. Gustins I was wearing yesterday... ;)

But seriously, I think I'll probably wear them with anything short of really formal outfits; I can see them pairing well with pretty much all of my jeans and chinos, and a few of my more casual trousers. They're a very versatile color, IMO.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WFH wingtip Wednesday

1586362581239.jpeg

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on the Alden Restoration, I know that AE does a welt replacement as part of their recrafting program. Does Alden do this as well, or is it a straight sole replacement? Thanks

All of mine have come back with new welts

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on the Alden Restoration, I know that AE does a welt replacement as part of their recrafting program. Does Alden do this as well, or is it a straight sole replacement? Thanks
+1 on the new welt.
Keep in mind that rewelting will slightly shrink the shoe size. If you don’t want this you might consider a third party resole with keeping the original welt.
Alden does not offer modifications in the recraft process.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hober tie and the not oft seen Olive suede Acheson for some hump day action at the office. Plus new rolling collar short.

IMG_20200408_095849.jpg
IMG_20200408_133030.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who buy Pre-owned Alden's, is there a stigma attached to buying a pair that has recently been restored? Does the footbed get refreshed during the restoration process?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, since yesterday was their maiden voyage, I've got limited experience in that regard, but I like them a lot, and I think they go really well with those 14 oz. Gustins I was wearing yesterday... ;)

But seriously, I think I'll probably wear them with anything short of really formal outfits; I can see them pairing well with pretty much all of my jeans and chinos, and a few of my more casual trousers. They're a very versatile color, IMO.
Ya that’s what i thought, thanks. Looks like a great boot.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you who buy Pre-owned Alden's, is there a stigma attached to buying a pair that has recently been restored? Does the footbed get refreshed during the restoration process?
My experience is yes, new "Restoration" labeled footbeds

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience is yes, new "Restoration" labeled footbeds
Readlly? I'm surprised they replace the footbeds too! I can see new heel pads, but a new footbed would make them basically brand new (and a decent value) at $175 vs others like AE at $125/$155

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads