• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello LHS today. Weather is beautiful so there is that
F07B4D96-7B92-49E7-8BBA-313B3BFF7FC9.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thursday. Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Tankers.

View attachment 1362079

View attachment 1362080

View attachment 1362081

-Mike
Is that a pretty true to life color? That's like perfect in my book. Mine look good looking down while wearing, but when I look at them head on in my cabinet they have (to my eyes) a sickly natural leather color rather than a golden or even slightly reddish tone like yours.
Guys, I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe in what can only be described as the most interesting times...

@MrDV @JSO1 @sazon and I had a little brushing party today to have a little fun and break.

View attachment 1362086

Hope that all are finding new and unique ways to make new opportunities and connections during these times.

-Mike
Hilarious. Especially since yall all did the same boot.
Ravello LHS today. Weather is beautiful so there is that
View attachment 1362090
Can't wait for my pair! Hopefully the troubles of the world doesn't impact production too much, but if so I'll wait. They're only shoes at the end of the day.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Is that a pretty true to life color? That's like perfect in my book. Mine look good looking down while wearing, but when I look at them head on in my cabinet they have (to my eyes) a sickly natural leather color rather than a golden or even slightly reddish tone like yours.

Hilarious. Especially since yall all did the same boot.

Can't wait for my pair! Hopefully the troubles of the world doesn't impact production too much, but if so I'll wait. They're only shoes at the end of the day.

The color on the Whiskey Tankers is pretty darn tooting true to color. I didn't edit the colors in any way on the shot, that is straight as processed on board my Nikon. The color on these is becoming nicer with time to be frank.

Yeah, the simultaneous brushing of the Ravello WT Boot may or may not have been planned... ;-)

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The color on the Whiskey Tankers is pretty darn tooting true to color. I didn't edit the colors in any way on the shot, that is straight as processed on board my Nikon. The color on these is becoming nicer with time to be frank.

Yeah, the simultaneous brushing of the Ravello WT Boot may or may not have been planned... ;-)

-Mike
Very cool. Unsurprisingly, they look brand new! (I noticed my Texan really came out with "yall all")

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe in what can only be described as the most interesting times...

@MrDV @JSO1 @sazon and I had a little brushing party today to have a little fun and break.

View attachment 1362086

Hope that all are finding new and unique ways to make new opportunities and connections during these times.

-Mike
Glad to see you all exercised appropriate social distancing. Nobody wants to see the Four Cordovan Pillars toppled due to COVID-19.

Also, I’m guessing my invite was probably snared in my junk mail folder? I mean, asking for a friend...

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
galileo outstanding black suede LHSes paired perfectly.. super happy people cuff pant legs finally again. Much better look than Docker non cuff trousers..

And wide leg opens.

Be running for life (covering protest here) for months and now I understand why police pants are so wide - good for running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads