• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share that you guys have ruined me. I just placed an order for the first pair of Aldens (black shell tankers) from Alden NY… I'm super excited to see them first hand and put them to good use. If the fit it good, there is a second pair I'm eyeing from Lost & Found. I don't intend to baby them, but at the same time, I'm not overly demanding of my footwear.

Just wanted to thank you all for ruining my life.

Profligate47

Reaction score
ITALY! Foiled again! The weight is quite different. Going back ASAP...
View attachment 1361704 View attachment 1361705
View attachment 1361705

I have worn BB LHSs and tassels for more years than I care to recall, altough I believe they were priced at $75 back then. I hope that Brooks Brothers has been alerted to the fact that loyal customers are not pleased with their decision not to use Alden or Horween. I particularly liked their take on the traditional designs, i.e., Snap last, M58, unlined LHS, foxing etc.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just wanted to share that you guys have ruined me. I just placed an order for the first pair of Aldens (black shell tankers) from Alden NY… I'm super excited to see them first hand and put them to good use. If the fit it good, there is a second pair I'm eyeing from Lost & Found. I don't intend to baby them, but at the same time, I'm not overly demanding of my footwear.

Let me be the first to say, You are Welcome! Post pix once they arrive.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have worn BB LHSs for more years than I care to recall, altough I believe they were priced at $75 back then. I hope that Brooks Bro View attachment 1361704 View attachment 1361705 thers has been alerted to the fact that loyal customers are not pleased with their decision not use Alden. I particularly liked their take on the traditional designs, i.e., Snap last, M58, unlined LHS, foxing etc.
I just gave up on buying anything from BB when they dumped Alden, that includes all clothing as well as footwear. Too many other options out there.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have worn BB LHSs for more years than I care to recall, altough I believe they were priced at $75 back then. I hope that Brooks Bro View attachment 1361704 View attachment 1361705 thers has been alerted to the fact that loyal customers are not pleased with their decision not use Alden. I particularly liked their take on the traditional designs, i.e., Snap last, M58, unlined LHS, foxing etc.

The Alden ones are long gone

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid 70s today and so the first outing of both the natty LHS and my pasty calves for the season.

20200326_174436.jpg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4301EAAD-55D5-439C-B9BC-0793FAD205CE.jpeg

I hadn’t worn Aldens few days. Been wearing my Astorflex Chukkas. Decided to put on some indys for an extended dog walk. Oh yes how sweeeeeet it is. Indys with Thomas heels are just the best things ever.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you need some black shell indys too ?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not slip into the sweatpants when working from home club.....there is something psychological about "dressing for work" even if working from home. Normal work attire, then sweats in the evening.....Of course, it's your gig, so who the heck am I to say anything (I just don't like seeing pictures of boots and sweatpants/workout gear) :) Carry on!
I’ve been 50% wfh before this epidemic.

I’ve mastered the art of teleconference presentation in that its kind of like a mullet - business up top and party on the bottom.

??

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pour me a shot of bourbon, it's Friday boys!

IMG_20200327_094752.jpg
IMG_20200327_124106.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Guys, I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe in what can only be described as the most interesting times...

@MrDV @JSO1 @sazon and I had a little brushing party today to have a little fun and break.

Brush Party - 2020-03-27.jpg

Hope that all are finding new and unique ways to make new opportunities and connections during these times.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics