• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late post but spent a very long business day in black shell Parks along with dining out with some great scotch in this outfit. Life is good.

IMG_20200225_073208.jpg
IMG_20200225_073255.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give a big shout out to @aero25, who agreed to meet up since I'm in Phoenix this week!

Spent hours on Monday evening nerding out (over Mexican and margaritas) about fine shoes and lasts along with conversing about life in general. I really enjoyed our conversation. The first of the forum members I've met in person and I certainly hope he isn't the last! Alden color 8 Indy for me and AE bourbon shell Higgins Mill for @aero25

IMG_20200224_200541.jpg

Luigi80

Reaction score
Question for everyone...

What Alden shoes do you pack for a 1 week European vacation? I’m going to Spain in a couple of weeks. So I will need a pair comfortable for walking and a pair that can work in nicer restaurants, bars, etc. Weather should be temperate. I usually bring color 8 chukkaa for this kind of scenario given the versatility. Any other thoughts?

Luigi80

Reaction score

I think suede tassel or lhs is a good option. Do not forget to visit Mermin, the sales of Carmina, Berwick and Crockett and Jones (Fulham), although nothing comes close to Alden.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to give a big shout out to @aero25, who agreed to meet up since I'm in Phoenix this week!

Spent hours on Monday evening nerding out (over Mexican and margaritas) about fine shoes and lasts along with conversing about life in general. I really enjoyed our conversation. The first of the forum members I've met in person and I certainly hope he isn't the last! Alden color 8 Indy for me and AE bourbon shell Higgins Mill for @aero25

View attachment 1344340

Both boots look awesome, gentlemen. I may have to explore AE a bit

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indy speed hooks pulling / bending away from the leather.

I just picked up these used natural Indys. All 16 speed hooks are pulled / bent away from the face of the boot as pictured. Laces snag on them. Have any of you Alden pros seen this before and/or have suggestions? Thanks. View attachment 1344036

If those are new, send that pic to [email protected]

They will most likely have you send the boots back for inspection and possible repair. They're usually pretty good about that.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Been debating something like these. Already have 3 pairs of shoes/boots in color 8 and am wondering how many is too much in that color

Does not compute. There is never too much.

On a serious note, I look at it as a style/color combination. 3 of same color is definitely not alot if they're all different styles of shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads