• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the questions are: How do they feel on the feet? Are you pleased with your purchase? And now that you know your TrueBalance size, the options are many.......

Great, yes, and that's years down the road. :hide:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, that's down 1/2 from Brannock?

yep. still a good amount of room but that's with super thin socks. Thicker ones will likely yield ideal results.

thankfully most of ealdwine's makeups are D only, and alden stocks 9B rarely enough i don't have to worry about it being in stock when i walk in, and the 5-6 month (if you're lucky) wait for a run injection means i don't see myself spending too much too soon. ;)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yep. still a good amount of room but that's with super thin socks. Thicker ones will likely yield ideal results.

thankfully most of ealdwine's makeups are D only, and alden stocks 9B rarely enough i don't have to worry about it being in stock when i walk in, and the 5-6 month (if you're lucky) wait for a run injection means i don't see myself spending too much too soon. ;)
I don't know about B width on TSM seconds page, but send them an email and get on the list, you don't HAVE to buy anything, but will get notifications about additions. I haven't had a bad pair yet, and the one that I ordered that must have been really crappy, they refused to ship and refunded my money. Straight up folks at TSM.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Fair warning, this might be a long post. My 'Sir Walters' landed on Wednesday and these from Larossa shoe repair the very next day. The color was great on these but I wanted new soles and integrated toe taps. They came out very nice.....

View attachment 1341999 View attachment 1342000

The significance of this is that for the first time in who knows how long, for a couple of days, my footwear collection was stable. No outstanding preorders, shoes with Alden for recraft, or cobblers for repairs. It's actually a pretty good feeling as I am truly trying to dial things down a bit.

Well so much for the feeling of stability. I've been thinking for a while about sending my Dearborn's to Alden for recraft. The color is amazing but the edges are crap and there is a section where the calf is separating from the shell. The problem is these are my favorite boots. They are the one boot that I am completely comfortable dressing up with suits. Sending them leaves a hole I simply didn't want to have. Sir Walter fills that gap. As such, the Dearborns are on their way to Alden. Here's a shot with their replacement, the Walters.......

View attachment 1342018

Close inspection of the Walters will reveal mismatched laces. I love the look of Alden's laces, just prefer round. Will decide between the brown AE's or grey one's that came with a boot purchase from a few years back. Lastly, a couple of family shots.....

View attachment 1342021 View attachment 1342022

Have a great weekend gents......

Shawn, those came out fantastic and are a great acquisition. Glad that your stables has stabilized! Given your description of the Dearborn, I would send those in for some loce

Wearing my latest acquisition; King Wings on Commando from Moulded Shoe. Love these!

View attachment 1342037

Those special King Wings are looking just superb. It is funny that somehow you look like you could be floating in the picture. To be fair, since those are on Commando, the outside of the shoes are probably 2-3 mm off of the ground since the thickest part of the sole does not run to the edge

Ferret, those classic Indy Boots are looking superb and concur that you chose wisely.

Brown suede for the Saturday chores.

View attachment 1342087

Those are looking great and are a great way to do your chores! I like how the color of the laces draws out the edges.

-Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those special King Wings are looking just superb. It is funny that somehow you look like you could be floating in the picture. To be fair, since those are on Commando, the outside of the shoes are probably 2-3 mm off of the ground since the thickest part of the sole does not run to the edge

-Mike
Thanks, Mike!

BTW: I answered the floating question earlier when @ironclad made the same observation:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shawn, those came out fantastic and are a great acquisition. Glad that your stables has stabilized! Given your description of the Dearborn, I would send those in for some loce

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I am absolutely thrilled with them and yes, I've fought the good fight for as long as I could but it's time to send the Dearborn's to the pro's.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question for those with Snuff Suede:

- what is the actual color of Snuff Suede?

I’ve seen photos ranging from a light bourbon color

1582429477893.jpeg

to darker carrot orange color.
1582429412447.jpeg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads