• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick question for the board, does anyone own the shell "Traveler Boot"? I'm inclined to place an order. Curious to see them actually worn though. Would they work with a suit/cuffed dress trousers... or maybe just too casual?

View attachment 1340487
I don't have the traveler specifically; mine are black on plaza.
They're definitely a style you don't see much. Feel like a blend between dressier chukkas and Chelsea, so how ever you are comfortable wearing either of those. One note, the elastic isn't in the sides stretching front to back; it connects the two quarters in the middleand stretches side to side.
20190614_103524.jpg
20190612_183842.jpg

Here's my wholecut in #8/antique to give you a feel of the change in color from mine.
20190820_125841.jpg

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're definitely a style you don't see much. Feel like a blend between dressier chukkas and Chelsea, so how ever you are comfortable wearing either of those. One note, the elastic isn't in the sides stretching front to back; it connects the two quarters in the middleand stretches side to side.
View attachment 1340513

Here's my wholecut in #8/antique to give you a feel of the change in color from mine.

Very helpful. Thanks!

Just to be clear, the elastic stretches from side to side, over the foot arch?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very helpful. Thanks!

Just to be clear, the elastic stretches from side to side, over the foot arch?
Sure thing!

Correct. I don't have them on today, but here's a quick sketch of the elastic:
0453_001.jpg

After seeing it, it totally understand and it makes sense, I just initially was thinking like a Chelsae or those elasticated shoes.
It allows for your foot to get in easily, and definitely has some room to accommodate foot girth, but since the vamp doesn't stretch out I wonder how it will work for people with very high insteps (that would normally have a huge lace gap). I don't, so it worked great for me. I've only worn them a few times, and not since Sept (summer rotation for me), so I can't remember exactly the feel!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beautiful! I have love of lighter color suede and leather boots. Whose make-up?
B+M but I had the hooks added later. Grant last

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1340512 View attachment 1340513

View attachment 1340514

Your shoe/sock/slack game is next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads