• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
774367C4-BE05-4BF8-A2BB-263C1B4B503F.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scotch grain

4D87E0E5-1456-4F92-8460-264DB4FFE88F.jpeg

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New acquisition today (last one for a couple of months, at least), Delmar boots from B+M. Yenni and I worked on the design of this boot together and I'm thrilled with how they turned out. We were going for a dressier u tip design and so these are on the Grant last with a 270 flat welt, double waterlock soles and all eyelets. With the Indy quarterstitch, I'm regretting not proposing that they be called Shortrounds but oh well.

View attachment 1338947

View attachment 1338948

These came out really well. I need 11.5E/12 or I'd have bought last week, but I'm looking forward to seeing that Barrie U-tip boot coming. I'm done with Indy boots, the Grant and Barrie U-tips are where it's at for me.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These came out really well. I need 11.5E/12 or I'd have bought last week, but I'm looking forward to seeing that Barrie U-tip boot coming. I'm done with Indy boots, the Grant and Barrie U-tips are where it's at for me.
This. I'm down to one Indy. I find TB a bit snug in the instep and it tends to aggravate an old injury. My try going TTS instead of Barrie sizing at some point though. I really like Barrie NST's and U -Tips.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I'm down to one Indy. I find TB a bit snug in the instep and it tends to aggravate an old injury. My try going TTS instead of Barrie sizing at some point though. I really like Barrie NST's and U -Tips.

Agreed, I generally don't have a problem with CXL or suede makeups on TB but I have to wear my Color 8 Indys with dress socks to have a bit more room in the instep, and they're even TTS. I have wide feet but TB may be my worst Alden fit so far due to the toe height. I've had much more luck with Barrie all the way down through the narrower fitting lasts.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sliced open my hand trying to get the broken dishwasher out of the cabinet to replace the broken door spring (REAL appliance guy coming tomorrow morning) so with not much else to do.......getting ready for trip to office tomorrow morning to do battle with the square toe, black shoe brigade...
IMG_1047.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads