• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday Eve gents! Give me a shot of bourbon! Very special maiden voyage today from TS 2019.1 when bourbon shell was the cat's meow. Always fun marking up a brand new JR sole.

IMG_20200213_090523.jpg
IMG_20200213_091303.jpg

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing these again today, although did take a day off in between. Calling these the "Butter boots" not because of the color but because of how soft the Rusticalf leather is. View attachment 1336286

Really into that color. Looking comfy as well

Cigar again for me today. I’ve been wearing these more often because the uppers have started to take on some super interesting color variation. The edges of the panels are slightly darker than the interiors, giving them a bit of extra depth. It’s really quite amazing.

7586C0A6-1FA6-437E-8D92-01847B6C889B.jpeg

Pinehurst

Reaction score
I feel pretty welcomed here and free to talk openly with y'all considering how much you guys love Alden. Our rep came through yesterday showing some samples and giving us some baseline knowledge on the brand. I've worked in footwear since college, and even made boots by hand prior to working at Canoe Club, but I really am impressed with Alden.

With that being said, we spoke with him about a custom makeup! We aren't going to get into that properly for another 8 or 9 months at least, but I wanted to probe..... what would y'all recommend for the perfect makeup? I'm sure other retailers have done this, but I think it'd be cool to work with the Alden folks here on SF to build out a perfect boot or shoe.

Something like this but in green :) https://www.brogueshop.com/collections/shoes/products/alden-x-brogue-walker-blucher

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar again for me today. I’ve been wearing these more often because the uppers have started to take on some super interesting color variation. The edges of the panels are slightly darker than the interiors, giving them a bit of extra depth. It’s really quite amazing.

View attachment 1336292
Keep wearing them. They will only look better with age/use.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are a nice color brown, comfy? Typical Indy boot fit so yes they are comfy. The leather is so soft it's like slippers on the uppers. And of course, 2 days of wear and I have already scuffed them, and so the patina starts.........
IMG_0878.jpeg

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are a nice color brown, comfy? Typical Indy boot fit so yes they are comfy. The leather is so soft it's like slippers on the uppers. And of course, 2 days of wear and I have already scuffed them, and so the patina starts......... View attachment 1336498

You mentioned they are glove-like and I feel like I can feeel that in that photo. I should have used "supple", that's more how they are looking.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Years Resolution has officially died. The goal was to not acquire more than 1 pair of footwear per month. Thanks to a couple of things at Ealdwine, a great buy on the Alden B/S/T thread and a GS preorder. I have officially blown that resolution and today, I find out the Ealdwine Loden pre-order boots are in!!!!!! Good first two months so far :)

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
I have the same size 8E unlined dover and 8E LWB (structured) and the dover is defintely more snug due to lack of structure. The insole is even more narrow too.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s an AoC kind of day.

D31B425C-A4FF-4ACE-80B2-CC408A6D543E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads