• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede NSTs in the snow

20200124_085716.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, gents! Saddled up for the weekend on this rainy and foggy Friday. Leffot color 8 saddles.

IMG_20200124_083726.jpg
IMG_20200124_092255.jpg

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old post, but we noticed that only a few of you have stepped up to the plate so far... There are 6 days left to enter--and now we have high expectations!
I submitted in a previous month, but it was rare shell (Whiskey). And I don’t recall seeing rare shell in your monthly pics.

Are you only selecting pics of non-rare-shell or other leathers?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks both. Good input. Isn’t the black calf a little easier to wear casually due to lack luster? This is part of the reason I was thinking I’d go calf in the first place. Black shell can sometimes look like patent leather to me...

separately, is the calf 660 and shell 664 sized the same? I had heard some people go TTS on the calf but size down a half size on shell (like Van last)?

You are welcome! Same size as @madhat said. I haven't really found that shell looks like patent leather since patent leather is REALLY plastic-y and no depth, but I understand the comparison.

You won't regret getting a pair (or many) in shell.

Galileo, you are looking great in those Suede Chukkas! Very nicely done sir!

Just absolutely rocking it in those killer boots. Love the trousers with them as well.

Looking superb in your NST Bluchers. A hard pair to top!

Absolutely rocking those King Tankers right there!!!

Just a super classy look right there my friend. I love the Camel Hair Overcoat and the King Full-Straps are hard to match.

-Mike

Thanks, Mike! The full strap is so sleek. I am having a hard time breaking them in because they are such a low vamp there isn't much to make the sole bend! Camel hair coats are just incredible and look even better!

Happy Friday, gents! Saddled up for the weekend on this rainy and foggy Friday. Leffot color 8 saddles.

View attachment 1323553 View attachment 1323554

The toe on the left foot has some weird coloring (lightening) issues on these. I bought them off the bay a while back.

If I contacted Alden, would they reapply the dark (color 8) finish to the toe area without recrafting these? They are in otherwise immaculate condition. I have tried Alden color 8 paste wax and AE color 8 cream and nothing seems to stick to make that part darker...

Thanks!

theshoemart

Reaction score
I submitted in a previous month, but it was rare shell (Whiskey). And I don’t recall seeing rare shell in your monthly pics.

Are you only selecting pics of non-rare-shell or other leathers?

Correct, photos of rare shell are excluded as noted in the rule section. We've had a lot of people miss that part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads