• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

strv

Reaction score
Hello, i'm new and wanted to share my first Aldens : Military last M6805HC CXL (8.5 E). so comfortable.

As you can imagine i just want to buy Alden again, i saw a used pair online, Barrie 8.5 D and i was wondering if you think they could fit me ? (seems that the Military = Modified last ?)
Thank you, and thanks for your photos who made me buy my first Alden.
(sorry if my english isn't great)

jjschube

Reaction score
Hello, i'm new and wanted to share my first Aldens : Military last M6805HC CXL (8.5 E). so comfortable.

As you can imagine i just want to buy Alden again, i saw a used pair online, Barrie 8.5 D and i was wondering if you think they could fit me ? (seems that the Military = Modified last ?)

View attachment 1323265

Others will no better than me but the military last is 379x last and fits similar to the Barrie. Modified last is aka the banana last. Not sure how that one fits.

gilby

Reaction score

View attachment 1323265
Welcome to the support group and great first pickup. Not sure about the military last, my impression was the width is similar to the barrie last. It looks like the E width fits you well. If you want to go down in width you may need to go up a size.
So a 9D in barrie & true balance may work for you. Hope that didn't confuse you.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Others will no better than me but the military last is 379x last and fits similar to the Barrie. Modified last is aka the banana last. Not sure how that one fits.
I think you are right 379x=military. I find 379x is a tiny bit different than Barrie, but not gigantic difference. Heel seems a bit tighter, arch a bit more supportive to me. Both very comfortable however.

strv

Reaction score
I really appreciate the replies, good to know about the 379x. And yes Gilby i think you're right, 9D should be the minimum for me in barrie. Thanks.

LukeDuke

Reaction score
Anyone know of a retailer carrying a George boot in color 8 shell, preferably antique edge? I have only come across the Shoemarts version and was wondering who else might carry these.

theshoemart

Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed TSM is holding a photo contest every month and the winner gets some discount or something like that. Today's emails included the winner for the month of December. I think some of us should send in a few shots as some of the shots on here are levels above this month's choice, seen below. It's a fine picture, but others on here tend to show the shoes/boots to far better advantage. Or an I just wrong about this? No sour grapes on my part as I have never submitted anything. You have to play to win.

View attachment 1309830

Sorry to drag up an old post, but we noticed that only a few of you have stepped up to the plate so far... There are 6 days left to enter--and now we have high expectations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads