• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OG 405 today. Nothing beats the Thomas Heel for us flat footed brethren. Naked and Famous Selvedge.
B3C1B923-AC89-4BF1-91DD-DAA14A4C8D0A.jpeg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet are flat as pancakes. Why is the Thomas heel advantageous for flat footers?
Oh and, what is a Thomas heel?

The Thomas heel is a curved orthopedic heel specially designed to provide extra support to the arch area. It's an extension of the standard heel on the inside to add rear foot or midfoot support medially, one half inch longer and an eighth to a sixth of an inch higher on the inside.

thomas heel.jpg

theshoemart

Reaction score
The Thomas heel is a curved orthopedic heel specially designed to provide extra support to the arch area. It's an extension of the standard heel on the inside to add rear foot or midfoot support medially, one half inch longer and an eighth to a sixth of an inch higher on the inside.

View attachment 1320879

? An excellent explanation!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1320879
The pic looks like it's from our friends at Moulded Shoe...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poking my head up again, first 2 family shot were Saturday morning maintenance, next was Sunday maintenance and lastly is todays edition.

The beauty of shell is that not a drop of product was used on any of the 6 pairs worked on. I did use some edge treatment on the Sunday work.

20200118_193453.jpg
20200118_193533.jpg
20200119_090758.jpg
20200120_082623.jpg
20200120_082618.jpg
20200118_193453.jpg

Happy MLK day gents.....

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Poking my head up again, first 2 family shot were Saturday morning maintenance, next was Sunday maintenance and lastly is todays edition.

The beauty of shell is that not a drop of product was used on any of the 6 pairs worked on. I did use some edge treatment on the Sunday work.

View attachment 1320972 View attachment 1320973 View attachment 1320974 View attachment 1320975 View attachment 1320976 View attachment 1320972

Happy MLK day gents.....

No product??? How do you get such a nice sheen to them?? I need to replicate your shoe care regimen. Care to share with the rest of the class? Please, and thank you. :worship:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No product??? How do you get such a nice sheen to them?? I need to replicate your shoe care regimen. Care to share with the rest of the class? Please, and thank you. :worship:

First, thanks. I always appreciate the words and encouragement. I very rarely apply product to shell that I've been the sole owner of. I'm not nearly as disciplined as many but I try to wipe and brush my shells between wears. I've found this to be sufficient as long as its applied from the beginning. A little different for pre-owned shoes as you simply don't know how they've been cared for. Having said that, while I've acquired way too much product over time, my go-to for the past year or so has been Collonil. Works better than anything I've used at any price and has the added benefit of being very reasonably priced.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Hey all

I am hoping to get some sizing advice on the Trubalance last.

I wear a 9.5 EEE in Allen Edmonds 65 last (Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue). The fit is fine length wise but they are pretty narrow.

I recently got a pair of Grant Stone Diesel boots in the same size and the length is a hair long but the width is doable.

Hope you guys can steer me in the right direction. I'm planning on ordering my first pair of Indy's (403) and want to nail down my sizing.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on a black tassel loafer. Is there any good reason to go with shell over calf? I have a couple color 8 shoes and I love them, but I have a hard time understanding the value proposition of black shell over black calf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics