• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of suede Indy models out there on double waterlock or leather? Alden SF has a snuff model on double waterlock, but informed me they can’t order it in a C width.
So, Alden DC was supposed to take over the snuff waterlock model from SF (they've gone to commando), but their most recent order came in as commando due to a factory error. My pair went back to the factory for a resole, since that's the whole reason I bought that pair...

serbarristan

Reaction score
So, Alden DC was supposed to take over the snuff waterlock model from SF (they've gone to commando), but their most recent order came in as commando due to a factory error. My pair went back to the factory for a resole, since that's the whole reason I bought that pair...
Oh man, I may have a new thing to chase now. Thanks for the info!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man, I may have a new thing to chase now. Thanks for the info!
Definitely. Get in touch with DC and see if you can get in on their next restock. (will probably be 6 months or so since the order came in back in November I think?). I need to check back to see where the factory is at...

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought some Whiskey ? post lap swim..
IMG_6636.JPG

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Alden of Madison has a color 8 Tanker on the TB last on sale for $591 in sizes 9 and 9.5 (D width). Get em while you can.

This forum is bad news...

9D pair on it's way to me! Why? Who knows. One would think Barrie tankers was good enough. But hey, the TB last and the indy quarter stitching make them different right??

Thanks for the tip @sazon

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This forum is bad news...

9D pair on it's way to me! Why? Who knows. One would think Barrie tankers was good enough. But hey, the TB last and the indy quarter stitching make them different right??

Thanks for the tip @sazon
Did they give you all the specs for it when you called?

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Did they give you all the specs for it when you called?

Yep, my guy over there sent me some pics. TB last, commando sole, indy quarter stitch, antique 270 storm welt. Interesting thing I hadn't seen before, the welt is a 270, but the stitching continues on around the heel.

This is the pair I am getting.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
My latest Ealdwine purchase. Tobacco Chamois Cap Toe on AT soles and TB last. The wife picked these up for me for Christmas. Wanted something on the AT for bad weather duty and these fit the bill perfectly. Kept my feet dry while building sled courses for the nieces last weekend and took me to work in the snow this morning. If you need a snow boot, hit Jim or Matt up for a pair of these.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, my guy over there sent me some pics. TB last, commando sole, indy quarter stitch, antique 270 storm welt. Interesting thing I hadn't seen before, the welt is a 270, but the stitching continues on around the heel.

This is the pair I am getting.

View attachment 1316927
View attachment 1316928
View attachment 1316929
View attachment 1316930
View attachment 1316931

Interesting with the welt. I know Alden won't do a 360 storm welt (they'll do 360 split reverse) so I imagine that may be why the heel done with a flat welt if AoM wanted a 360 welt but didn't want split reverse, though I imagine someone on here may have better insight.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a faux heel welt on a 270 storm welt. It’s a (somewhat rare) option.

viper77cn

Reaction score
Hi all, I came across thses Alden shoes in a Japanese 2nd-hand online store (https://vector-park.jp/item/081-901910180491/), this looks exactly the kind of shoes I like but unfortunately it was sold. the model number is 4591, but when I Googled "Alden 4591" there is not much information. Does anyone has any idea what these shoes are, and where I can possibly buy these shoes? thanks....

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I came across thses Alden shoes in a Japanese 2nd-hand online store (https://vector-park.jp/item/081-901910180491/), this looks exactly the kind of shoes I like but unfortunately it was sold. the model number is 4591, but when I Googled "Alden 4591" there is not much information. Does anyone has any idea what these shoes are, and where I can possibly buy these shoes? thanks....
From what I can tell:

- trubalance last
- plain toe
- black Vibram 2060 foam soles
- 360 Storm (reverse split) welt
- 9 exposed eyelets
- black chromexcel

Not sure what retailer stocks these.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that the prices go up every year, but I agree it's reaching that mind-numbing stage that most won't follow. It's frustrating because some shops can (and do) charge more than others for rare shell makeups. Even some of the non-rare makeups will reach that price this year or next (some boots are already there).

I was able to dip my toe into Alden via eBay and more prominently through Brooks Brothers when they offered an Aberdeen lasted loafer & Van LHS. Luckily I am a C/D width so it's not a huge deal. Otherwise you'll be flying blind or making a trip to one of the actual Alden stores to get fitted.
All Shell NST (Alden) shoes and boots are 8+ bills now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads