• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Green suede lwbs for errands.

E699AB76-7A7A-484F-851C-C481221F580B.jpeg

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Little brushing this weekend... Although it was a little pricey, the pig bristle brush from Kirby Allison really shortens the time needed to bring out that shine. What brush do you guys like to use on shell?

CF45EBBF-B95E-4B7E-B156-606E6DBE3A0A.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little brushing this weekend... Although it was a little pricey, the pig bristle brush from Kirby Allison really shortens the time needed to bring out that shine. What brush do you guys like to use on shell?

View attachment 1506375

+1 on the pig bristle brush. It's great to pull suede nap back up and super at cleaning up any bloom and hitting the shine quickly. I use it initially, then any product if needed, followed by horse hair as the initial buff and then a true buffing cloth as the last step. When ordering, remember that it is a brush with bristles from a pig, not a pig with bristles.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.21.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.22.08 PM.png

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently I no longer remember how to use spoiler.. hey I tried.. twice.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently I no longer remember how to use spoiler.. hey I tried.. twice.

You can use the spoiler this way. First, select the spoiler from the drop down.
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.26.49 PM.png

Second, give the spoiler a name.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.27.09 PM.png

Third, you will see the spoiler code and title that you just gave it. Note that the cursor is already positioned just ahead of the code to stop the spoiler.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.27.38 PM.png

Fourth, hit the return key several times to separate the spoiler code and to create a place to insert the image.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.27.48 PM.png

Fifth, drag an image onto the page in the space you just created between the spoiler title and the stop spoiler code. It will then look like the image seen below.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.35.35 PM.png

Finally, post it. The image will be located in the spoiler area, such as seen below.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 2.40.07 PM.png

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1506404

View attachment 1506405

Third, you will see the spoiler code and title that you just gave it. Note that the cursor is already positioned just ahead of the code to stop the spoiler.

View attachment 1506407

Fourth, hit the return key several times to separate the spoiler code and to create a place to insert the image.

View attachment 1506413
Fifth, drag an image onto the page in the space you just created between the spoiler title and the stop spoiler code. It will then look like the image seen below.

View attachment 1506415
Finally, post it. The image will be located in the spoiler area, such as seen below.

When I do one I follow all of your excellent, illustrated instructions, but since the cursor is in front of the final spoiler code, I just use the attach Files button at the bottom and it inserts the image in the spoiler, no spacebar required. I use a Mac, so that may be a difference.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I do one I follow all of your excellent, illustrated instructions, but since the cursor is in front of the final spoiler code, I just use the attach Files button at the bottom and it inserts the image in the spoiler, no spacebar required. I use a Mac, so that may be a difference.

I use the space bar to open it up and increase the ease of the drag and drop of the image. This is not needed, as you noted, if you use the insert image button at the bottom. I find the drag and drop quicker and I prefer the easier placement options by the large space.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
B&M CXL Boots and a dog in the pix. NOT spoiler
IMG_5717.JPG

I use the space bar to open it up and increase the ease of the drag and drop of the image. This is not needed, as you noted, if you use the insert image button at the bottom. I find the drag and drop quicker and I prefer the easier placement options by the large space.
Makes sense to me.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1506404

View attachment 1506405

View attachment 1506407

View attachment 1506413

View attachment 1506415

Thanks Doc.. I'll give it a go.. appreciate the tutorial.. enjoy the games today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads