• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olof69

Reaction score
Odd, if they had been 8.5D's I'd offer to take them off your hands, I like 379x last.
No complains about 379x but I feel at home in TB so I would probably swap.
If the size was right :)

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably my favorite loafer by now. A loafer that doesn’t feel dainty as loafers usually do.

Attachments

• 48099810-9704-4DDA-8F97-1057BD00B646.jpeg
    48099810-9704-4DDA-8F97-1057BD00B646.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 284F5003-BAF1-4FE8-8A38-B836591FC79D.jpeg
    284F5003-BAF1-4FE8-8A38-B836591FC79D.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 31

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, there are some great deals for Alden on TSM. I've never seen the 911 shoes for $249 before (except for Ebay). Indy boot for $299 is pretty sweet. I didn't even know TSM had discounts on BF.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, there are some great deals for Alden on TSM. I've never seen the 911 shoes for $249 before (except for Ebay). Indy boot for $299 is pretty sweet. I didn't even know TSM had discounts on BF.
I was confused by the price ranges on the listing page, but soon discovered that whenever I selected my size on the sales page for any shoe/boot (9E or 9.5E, depending on last), the price shown was the highest number in the range... :angry:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was confused by the price ranges on the listing page, but soon discovered that whenever I selected my size on the sales page for any shoe/boot (9E or 9.5E, depending on last), the price shown was the highest number in the range... :angry:

Yeah, I noticed this too. Size 7.5 D was much cheaper than 8.5 D. The one that really caught my eye was the N9402 (Modified last) 6-eyelet plain toe derby in brown for $199. That's going to be hard pass. Had I not just bought an awesome boot, I would consider these.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed this too. Size 7.5 D was much cheaper than 8.5 D. The one that really caught my eye was the N9402 (Modified last) 6-eyelet plain toe derby in brown for $199. That's going to be hard pass. Had I not just bought an awesome boot, I would consider these.
Yeah; I was pretty excited about Color 8 Chukkas at $299, until I chose 9E and they went to $524.95...

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I just emailed them via the contact us link at bottom of page and ask to be added to the Alden Factory Seconds list. You have to create an account with them, then once on the list and you log into your account, the factory seconds show up under the Alden Shoes heading at top of page.

I’ve done exactly that and never seen anything. Nothing to do but try again.

Thanks

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Are you talking about seconds or firsts?

How does one get to this secret BF Alden sale page?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have had the same, so just not ordering anything.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had the same, so just not ordering anything.

No drunk ordering this year?

I apologize for posting too much about these boots, but you have to understand that I've never tried on a boot that fit this well. Never knew boots could fit so well. They've made me feel a lot less bad about missing out on the original Higgins. I've decided to hide the pictures so I don't "hog" the thread.

Can't wait for my beige laces to arrive.
IMG_1623_1.JPG

IMG_1624_1.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

This is how a boot should fit me:
IMG_1628.JPG

Norwester

Reaction score
There are a few things I am thankful for on this national day of turkey consumption (in addition to family, friends, and passable health, of course): that houses in Seattle were still affordable 25 years ago when I was in the market for one; the gas fireplace insert that was installed 10 years ago (best addition ever!); and that 19 months ago when Brooks Brothers was selling off their remaining stock of Alden shoes I came across a post on the mayor's website that said I absolutely had to purchase a pair or two of their unlined shell penny loafers. My first, and still most comfortable, Alden shoes.

LHSblack.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads