• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Speed hooks do make it easier to take off, put on boots, but not a total deal breaker as far as makeups go. I prefer speed hooks, but have a few pair with all eyelets, and there is something about taking time/lacing to make sure things are correct. I once read here "we spend a lot of money on these boots, so we should enjoy the lacing"
I definitely agree it shouldn't be a deal breaker but it certainly is a plus.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now those are some wide legged jeans!
What are those jeans???? They have a classic 1940's/50's fit. Kind of remind me of guys building skyscrapers or cowboys or something. Kind of like the look
Thank you! Yes these are very much a 30's style cut. I may have to recuff them to get the hem a little higher for a perfect no break, but very full cut. The denim is At Last & Co

@audog I've totally embrace older styles (more 30's-50's casual) just cause I feel the most comfortable in it. I'm sure I get some looks here and there but I totally love that era of dress :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes these are very much a 30's style cut. I may have to recuff them to get the hem a little higher for a perfect no break, but very full cut. The denim is At Last & Co

@audog I've totally embrace older styles (more 30's-50's casual) just cause I feel the most comfortable in it. I'm sure I get some looks here and there but I totally love that era of dress :)
If you like it, are comfortable in it, then go for it!

Vincent George

Reaction score
Hey, Gents...

Would appreciate some opinions on the George boot. I've always enjoyed the look of them (I saw a "rock star"--aka street musician--with a similar style boot on when I was a kid), but am concerned about fit.

I cannot wear loafers for the life of me--can't dial in the size/foot sensitivity stuff, yada yada yada. I like a laced shoe so that I can make little adjustments throughout the day/days. Honestly, will probably be a boot only guy at some point in my life because of multiple support points as opposed to shoes...
apimsrkqp__62114.1592339876.jpg

Would this boot be a crapshoot? Does the buckle/strap really offer stability? Or, is this a slip-on with a decoration?

Thanks.

VG

MajorDash

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of plain toe boots with a medallion? I know they exist, but I haven't seen anyone ever post them here. I also can't find a retailer that has them for sale. I know B+M had some for sale some time earlier this year, but they aren't listed on the site anymore.

Vincent George

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of plain toe boots with a medallion? I know they exist, but I haven't seen anyone ever post them here. I also can't find a retailer that has them for sale. I know B+M had some for sale some time earlier this year, but they aren't listed on the site anymore.
I don't have them, but LeatherSoul did these a while back:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami