• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Norwester

Reaction score
Just in time for the coming onset of inclement weather, my new lug-soled Scotch grain wingtip boots from Alden of Carmel. I'm standing on a manhole cover since I possess neither an oriental rug nor a bath mat. I find the lug soles quite comfortable for walking around on concrete, and I like the way that Scotch grain helps absorb the creases. Since this photo was taken I've treated them with Renovateur, which deepened the color to a rich, reddish brown. I anticipate these getting a lot of use this fall!
AOC-79.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just in time for the coming onset of inclement weather, my new lug-soled Scotch grain wingtip boots from Alden of Carmel. I'm standing on a manhole cover since I possess neither an oriental rug nor a bath mat. I find the lug soles quite comfortable for walking around on concrete, and I like the way that Scotch grain helps absorb the creases. Since this photo was taken I've treated them with Renovateur, which deepened the color to a rich, reddish brown. I anticipate these getting a lot of use this fall!
View attachment 1467170
You're too broke now that you emptied your wallet on a fine pair of boots; alas a simple sewer cover must do!

Just in case you get lost, you can always look at that manhole cover to remind you of what city you're in... "Seattle".

Cheers, and I hope they give you a good many miles.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been watching Steve from Bedo's near Washington, DC redo shoes on his Youtube channel.

He redyed his own Indy's in a silent film.

This is a long one in which he restores shell cordovan Florsheim's. Florsheim- one of the most expensive Restoration I’ve done on Florsheim’s

A really good channel if you want to see a great cobbler at work. He has one video in which he restores a pair of AE's and gives them a fiddleback waist. Not exactly standard for AE's. He also did a terrific job with a pair of suede G&Gs.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Leydon today.

PXL_20200929_144544256.jpg
PXL_20200929_144220657.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios