• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Reaction score
Aiming for an Indy week.
Indy 405s....one width too wide but I can live with it. Taken a nice shine after one coat of Saphir Renovateur.
Flat laces are a pain as far as OCD goes...

20200812_111417.jpg

20200812_111642.jpg

20200812_111856.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The timing on these worked out perfectly. I was able to treat myself to a shot of Whiskey on my Birthday. Thanks to @JSO1 for the heads up, and Ken at Sherman Bros. for being so helpful! Glad to see my 51st cycle around the Sun.
IMG_20200811_1733387.jpg
@mdubs I still need to work on the rug, Mr. Mayor. Lol!

Last edited:

JJGNYC

Reaction score
Morning gents -- Brogue has released some new pre-orders this morning, and I'd like to order their Statesman loafer, but am confused as to sizing, as I have no experience with the Copley last.

Brogue's website indicates "Fit true to size. Compare to Van last penny loafer, Copley has a higher instep and narrower heel.... If you wear socks with the loafer, please take the same size as your Barrie last size."

Looking at the famous Alden last comparison chart we're all familiar with, it's clear that Copley fits true to size, so I'm confused about Brogue's reference to taking the same size as Barrie. Is this because it's a loafer and to avoid slippage?

For reference, I'm an 8.5d in Barrie and Van (my Van LHS's fit perfectly), and 9d in Aberdeen and Plaza.

Many thanks in advance for your collective sizing advice!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning gents -- Brogue has released some new pre-orders this morning, and I'd like to order their Statesman loafer, but am confused as to sizing, as I have no experience with the Copley last.

Brogue's website indicates "Fit true to size. Compare to Van last penny loafer, Copley has a higher instep and narrower heel.... If you wear socks with the loafer, please take the same size as your Barrie last size."

Looking at the famous Alden last comparison chart we're all familiar with, it's clear that Copley fits true to size, so I'm confused about Brogue's reference to taking the same size as Barrie. Is this because it's a loafer and to avoid slippage?

For reference, I'm an 8.5d in Barrie and Van (my Van LHS's fit perfectly), and 9d in Aberdeen and Plaza.

Many thanks in advance for your collective sizing advice!
I asked Mack about that recently. He suggested that I go with my regular Brannock size For the Copley loafer. Seems like a copy paste error on the website

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.