• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ealdwine Phoenix boots. Anyone who has followed my fall down the Alden Rabbit hole, knows I lean towards plain boots, I love these. I may even need a "backup" pair as I tend to scuff/scratch/ding/nick boots.......View attachment 1437115
That is a good looking boot. It has and understated elegance.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sheepdog

Reaction score
I love their Breakfast Stout.
Oh man, me too. I don't recall ever being disappointed by a Founders beer.

In other news, I've got a pair of 3x worn AoM antique edge PTBs in 9E I'm considering letting go if an insole doesn't do the trick. Bought during the Covid free belt promo, so I guess if I lose a couple hundred I still have the belt. Part of the pain of living far from a good Alden shop, I guess.

Edit: Recently got on the list at Leather Soul for the color 8 barrie short wing - anyone else trying for a pair? Not sure if it's going to be a matter of months or years at this point.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, if that were my first pair of Ravello, I'd be devastated. Now, I would probably keep them and wear them hard. Real hard. Something about flawed footwear makes me more willing to wear them and not care as much about every scuff, spill, or nick. Just a thought.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, if that were my first pair of Ravello, I'd be devastated. Now, I would probably keep them and wear them hard. Real hard. Something about flawed footwear makes me more willing to wear them and not care as much about every scuff, spill, or nick. Just a thought.
That's exactly how I look at it now. I've decided to stop babying, and start enjoying my shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.