• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are 10.5 Barrie if anyone's interested. I plan to return to TSM. The one pair I had issue with was a cigar PTB many years ago. It had a similar finish issue, just a bad dye job. I elected to have Alden refinish and over the course of 3 months, they went back to the retailer and Alden twice. They never looked right and after the second attempt and having the finish flake off, I just got a refund. I'm not willing to do the same thing again.

I like the color, it's lighter than the pics show. Somewhere between the two pics.
Disappointing after the long wait for sure. Why no one at the factory noticed is way beyond my comprehension.

Vincent George

Reaction score

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing. Just getting around to opening my TSM Ravello tankers only to find the color/finish on one boot to be a bit off.

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Note, I'm not one to pick apart my shoes & boots. I've returned just one pair in almost 15 years of buying Alden. Not sure this is something I can live with.
sorry, sucks when you end up with a turd after a long wait

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing. Just getting around to opening my TSM Ravello tankers only to find the color/finish on one boot to be a bit off.

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Note, I'm not one to pick apart my shoes & boots. I've returned just one pair in almost 15 years of buying Alden. Not sure this is something I can live with.
The irony is when The ShoeMart offer rare shell as seconds, they still charge full price.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The irony is when The ShoeMart offer rare shell as seconds, they still charge full price.
That is somewhat of a pain in the a**. I have had a couple pair of shell seconds from TSM, and both pair have not had color variances, but have had repairs to the heel area, but it irks me to pay almost retail for a "second" just because it's shell.

jjschube

Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Tough break. I feel like this almost happens on one pair per order. Sorry they didn’t work out for you.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

Sorry to see that, brother. It’s pretty bad. Hang tough - sounds like you’ve had a pretty good run of luck over the last 15 years with regard to quality.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1436966

View attachment 1436967

My pair is all over the place with variation in the colour. Also, the stitching on the toe of one boot is a bit off. I'm chalking it up as character. Sometimes it's the flaws that make them beautiful and unique. At the end of the day, these are first world problems. Lbvs!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My pair is all over the place with variation in the colour. Also, the stitching on the toe of one boot is a bit off. I'm chalking it up as character. Sometimes it's the flaws that make them beautiful and unique. At the end of the day, these are first world problems. Lbvs!
So true about first world problems, I sometimes think about all the people on the planet who don't/can't even get footwear, makes me sad.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.