• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only seen it labeled as a 'brown cowhide/calf' or 'work boot leather'. I just got a pair earlier before shutdown and it is back to the closer original shade of brown as opposed to the 'pumpkin' color it was for awhile. I'm actually preferring this boot to the 403 cxl version a lot.
It has some reddish undertones in real life? I’m debating between the new 405 Vs another style in that same shade/type of leather. Do you know of any other Alden boot styles with the same shade?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has some reddish undertones in real life? I’m debating between the new 405 Vs another style in that same shade/type of leather. Do you know of any other Alden boot styles with the same shade?
Yes, definitely has red undertones. I'd say the below pic is fairly representative of my pair. Not aware of anything else using that leather currently but the updated 405s are one of my favorite casual models

20200513_091840.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely has red undertones. I'd say the below pic is fairly representative of my pair. Not aware of anything else using that leather currently but the updated 405s are one of my favorite casual models

View attachment 1425022
Yeah I love em. I don’t know of any other boot in that same shade. I was looking for a slightly dressier vibe. Not super dressy but a little more. What’s close to it, walnut? Cognac?

Mghart

Reaction score
@sterlingindigo My 405s are the same as @Vocans Its a nice color, but I would say it wouldn't dress up at all. The new Madison Brown calf Alden has looks quite nice though but I've only seen tankers from AoM and LHS from the SF shop in that leather. I've had the burnished tan wingtip boots in the past and while its a nice color, its a bit loud depending on what you wear with it.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sterlingindigo My 405s are the same as @Vocans Its a nice color, but I would say it wouldn't dress up at all. The new Madison Brown calf Alden has looks quite nice though but I've only seen tankers from AoM and LHS from the SF shop in that leather. I've had the burnished tan wingtip boots in the past and while its a nice color, its a bit loud depending on what you wear with it.
Do you think the brown scotch/alpine grain color is similar enough to 4/new Indy?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.