• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

BAK

Reaction score
This is really cool, and even with the flat welt that I didn't think I'd find as part of the combo. Thank you! Reaching out to them now.
You're welcome. Yeah, I thought it made a good version of a "lighter weight" spring/summer Indy. Cheers.

IndyCollector

Reaction score
This forum is bad news...

9D pair on it's way to me! Why? Who knows. One would think Barrie tankers was good enough. But hey, the TB last and the indy quarter stitching make them different right??

Thanks for the tip @sazon
let me know if you change your mind when you get them....I may know a guy ;)

BoydsShoes

Reaction score
After a couple of years of wearing Leffott X 6 eyelet Indy Chukka in wet weather, finally decided to get rid of the commando soles and replace them with black wedge Alden/Goodyear soles. Sort of like a cross between AOC-108 and AOC-107, except black soles. Really comfortable and of course water resistant.

Great job by Aram of AHONE shoes.

IMG_2372.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently had the neoprene cork soles on my whiskey Indy boots swapped out for commando. I don’t know why I hadn’t done this sooner. For being nearly 10 years old, they still clean up nicely!

BD01E190-27D2-4A5F-93F4-D03A0F7E2F0D.jpeg
EB613FFD-945F-4613-8B54-7A3FFC25F998.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.