• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unionmade Kirkwoods in ravello, c. 2012. @JSO1 has a cool theory that these could well be color 4.

View attachment 1399378
Beautiful boots. I remember when those were posted on their website. I didn’t have enough coin available at that time. Sure am sorry I missed out but glad that a few guys out there scored a pair.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always liked AE's brown shell.

IMG_20200602_100019.jpg
IMG_20200602_093501.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a little update on the fade project that I started about a month ago. These have seen around 2 full weeks of sun since then.
View attachment 1399628

And here's a comparison shot with some other non-faded color 8
View attachment 1399629
Looking really nice, my Indy's are coming along nicely (posted them a couple days back). I was a bit afraid to subject a pair of color 8's to the full sun, but after seeing results like the ones you just posted and others, took the plunge. Glad I did.

patrickngai

Reaction score
Is it only me that find calf LHS fits better than cordovan LHS? the cordovan ones(I bought 2 pairs) just feels too rigid, while these 984s fit like a glove, supple.
My experience is that cordovan is very stiff at the start, but when they break in, they become more comfortable. Just my experience (I only have a pair of of cordovan LHS, no calf).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My experience is that cordovan is very stiff at the start, but when they break in, they become more comfortable. Just my experience (I only have a pair of of cordovan LHS, no calf).
I have no shell LHS, only calf, but I would agree with your assumption based on boots made from shell.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no shell LHS, only calf, but I would agree with your assumption based on boots made from shell.
I have 3 pairs of LHS (natural CXL, brown alpine grain J. Crew, and lined color 8 shell). The CXL and calf both fit similar (and snug), while the color 8 pair are notably looser, despite being the same size.
The alpine grain and color 8 pairs are both quite stiff. The CXL pair, as you may imagine, are not so much.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum pals. Hump day and casual shell will do just fine.

IMG_8777.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.