• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, need another boot like a hole-in-the-head but those were hard to pass up. Me and my man hanging out back as my wife and I get ready to head into town for pick up. AoM grant-lasted snuff splits......

View attachment 1393316View attachment 1393317

Feels like a treat to actually have shoes on. Strange times indeed......
Looking good sir. Extra points for the lawn and puppy cameo.

aapmm

Reaction score
One works at MS and says he can't wear anything dressier than suede bluchers or he gets dirty looks. So, he's mostly a boot guy The other needs EEE so he kind of fell into Alden as the only regularly available dress shoe. But, now he loves them.

They don't necessarily understand my style of English dress shoes. But, they get my Alden casual shoes and boots obsession. They understand the search process and the desire to find the perfect shoe. Unfortunately, there is no one perfect shoe, so we all just chase perfect, coming close so many times, but still needing one more.

I'm really hoping the cigar plaza Indy on commando are the perfect boot. But, the NST on plaza in whiskey might be it. Good thing I am on lists for both.
which store has the list for the cigar plaza Indy?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which store has the list for the cigar plaza Indy?
DC Alden Store. It started as a Mocha plaza Indy. But, then the Mocha didn't materialize. Was supposed to be completed in April, but you know. Not sure if they are keeping a backup list.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made in the suede.

CAB95FCC-2AF6-4793-B060-D3FDCE743B18.jpeg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I am a solid 9.5D Barrie in wing tip boots and cap toe boots with dress socks, would going with a 10D Trubalance for shell Indys with thicker socks be a good or bad idea?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I am a solid 9.5D Barrie in wing tip boots and cap toe boots with dress socks, would going with a 10D Trubalance for shell Indys with thicker socks be a good or bad idea?
Depends on how your feet are shaped. Barrie is longer and narrower with a wider heel. TSM recommends TB at TTS for starters, which would be half up from Barrie.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet are a little wider for their size, and I'm usually a US10 in most other shoes. So, I sized down one half for Barrie, which works well. All of my Aldens are Barrie last, but I'd love to try TB for the roomier toe area.

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been told I have a low volume foot, and 9.5D in both the Barrie and TruBalance lasts fit me well. The TB last does offer more room in the toebox.

dench127

Reaction score
My feet are a little wider for their size, and I'm usually a US10 in most other shoes. So, I sized down one half for Barrie, which works well. All of my Aldens are Barrie last, but I'd love to try TB for the roomier toe area.
My experience is that the TB last is a little wider than the Barrie, but the TB toebox area is a little flatter than that of the Barrie. Maybe that's just me though :confused2:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dog.. Love these.. workhorse shoe for three seasons.. well done

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, sorry to bore everyone, but I feel like a giddy schoolgirl, I see what the LHS love is about, these suckers are comfortable.....now I need to find some good no show socks, as I don't have any. Need to spend more time at the pool, too.View attachment 1394036
They look great. I was never a loafer person until very recently but after trying an LHS I've been hooked ever since. Have three pairs of unlined ones now (shell, CXL and suede) and looking to potentially add one or two more

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.