• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, need another boot like a hole-in-the-head but those were hard to pass up. Me and my man hanging out back as my wife and I get ready to head into town for pick up. AoM grant-lasted snuff splits......

View attachment 1393316View attachment 1393317

Feels like a treat to actually have shoes on. Strange times indeed......
Dogs in shoe threads = bonus points.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
My first pair of cordovan shoes arrived in the mail today: very well worn 563 tassels from an ebay seller who, based on the description and price, may not have known they were cordovan.
Cleaned the insoles with a white vinegar solution and tried the spoon method with Bick 4 to ease out some of the rolls (anticipating the look I would get from the spouse, I refuse to buy a deer bone).
Dont have the hang of it just yet but I'm getting better. Still need to pick up some polish.
20200522_150308.jpg20200522_191900.jpg

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, missed the exotics. Wish TSM had mentioned those in their email this morning. Were there any 8/8.5s in the bunch? Please say no.
Yes. Whiskey LWB on waterloc 8D and Cigar PTB on leather 8D. I bought both. If they don’t work for me I will return them or I will contact you.

Also a cigar cap toe on plaza in 8.5D which I passed on. Lots of other stuff.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of cordovan shoes arrived in the mail today: very well worn 563 tassels from an ebay seller who, based on the description and price, may not have known they were cordovan.
Cleaned the insoles with a white vinegar solution and tried the spoon method with Bick 4 to ease out some of the rolls (anticipating the look I would get from the spouse, I refuse to buy a deer bone).
Dont have the hang of it just yet but I'm getting better. Still need to pick up some polish.
View attachment 1393491View attachment 1393493
Dude, you nailed it. Those look great. Congrats on a great pickup.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar cap toe was gone when I went looking. :(
I got the email and then sat on it all day. I might have bit on the cap toe had I seen it. But, I've got a cigar Indy in the works (was to be due by end of April had COVID not happened), so I'm not sure if I could handle two in such short succession.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got the email and then sat on it all day. I might have bit on the cap toe had I seen it. But, I've got a cigar Indy in the works (was to be due by end of April had COVID not happened), so I'm not sure if I could handle two in such short succession.
There is always room for "just one more"............

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've wondered how many people are on TSM's Alden shell lists, who are not here. I often forget that we are a sub-set of Alden people, and there are legions (well maybe not that many) who are Alden rare shell fans, but not SF members.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.