• We would like to welcome Overt Skincare as an official Affiliate Vendor. Overt is a different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity. After a positive reaction as a guest of Epaulet (one of our stalwarts) Overt decided to join our ranks. This is the first skincare line to have an official presence on Styleforum, and we are very excited to have them on board. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past week @jpm1 and I were bouncing around ideas for a brand new balmoral makeup since you all know I have an affinity for balmorals! :bigstar: Any input from the community would be great with regards to sole choice (single vs. double). Currently leaning heavily towards a double oak sole to match the gravitas the upper design brings to the table. It's a really unique and nice take on a wingtip.

The details are currently as follows with photos:
Color 8 upper
Hampton last, 270 welt
Double oak leather sole
Antique edge

-6202595386261981355.jpg
7749952509025194200.jpg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue CXL today.

IMG_7931.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past week @jpm1 and I were bouncing around ideas for a brand new balmoral makeup since you all know I have an affinity for balmorals! :bigstar: Any input from the community would be great with regards to sole choice (single vs. double). Currently leaning heavily towards a double oak sole to match the gravitas the upper design brings to the table. It's a really unique and nice take on a wingtip.

Color 8 upper
Hampton last, 270 welt
Double oak leather sole
Antique edge

View attachment 1343396View attachment 1343397
I hear ya S2 and you can't go wrong either way. However, my vote would be single leather. One, just don't see it enough and two, I think the antique pop's a little much on non-commando/double leather for my taste. FWIW, go single-leather with the spec's you have above (I love Hampton on shoes) and I commit to the pre-order (so much for slowing my roll).

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Color 8 upper
Hampton last, 270 welt
Double oak leather sole
Antique edge

View attachment 1343396View attachment 1343397
I didn't even realize Alden would do an Adelaide!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.