• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ealdwine Reverse Tobacco chamois Indy. Ordered two days ago, here today! Talk about excellent customer service!!!!
IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0140.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to me!! These arrived today. My first Alden purchase in about 10yrs. Very stoked to have the Indy in black shell. For comparison, here they are next to my 11yr old Color 8s (recrafted once). I hope this doesn't start another Alden binge :eek2:

View attachment 1297178 View attachment 1297177
You posted your old pair a while back when you were looking for the black pair right? Those aged beauties look familiar

Thor

Reaction score
You posted your old pair a while back when you were looking for the black pair right? Those aged beauties look familiar

Yes- they need a little TLC currently but they feel like an old pair of jeans when I slip them on. That being said, the new Indys felt pretty damn comfy when I slipped them too. :) I am going to try and go a little easier on the black rather than beat them all to hell like I do my #8s.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to me!! These arrived today. My first Alden purchase in about 10yrs. Very stoked to have the Indy in black shell. For comparison, here they are next to my 11yr old Color 8s (recrafted once). I hope this doesn't start another Alden binge :eek2:

I prefer pictures of a hard-worn boot over a hardly-worn boot any day.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few degrees below zero this morning so I went with an old favorite - J Crew kudu Indy
View attachment 1297059
That's an all-time classic from JCrew...

Congrats on two stellar pairs! I love seeing well-worn #8!
Ealdwine Reverse Tobacco chamois Indy. Ordered two days ago, here today! Talk about excellent customer service!!!! View attachment 1297185 View attachment 1297186
Nice! Talk about rough-weather patina boots!

I have to say I'm looking forward to smacking my smooth chamois longwings with a brush after a bit of abuse in Chicago ;)
5x6snyq.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have to say I'm looking forward to smacking my smooth chamois longwings with a brush after a bit of abuse in Chicago ;)
5x6snyq.jpg
One can't walk in Chicago with abusing footwear, it's that kind of town.....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, posted this on the AE thread as they are a little more "free form" over there. The year was 1968, first band, job at some dive where we played Stones, Cream, Beatles cover tunes. Stuck in a corner of the place, I doubt I even knew what Alden was, let alone own any, but I was wearing some type of shoe. I'm the guy on the right.
IMG_0142.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Wore weather shoes for slushy Toronto and looking at Grad school with my eldest spawn
yjPhfNj.jpg

We're now in Chicago for the same reason. I'm hoping to grab a few minutes in Leffot tomorrow Wed. AM, but both are looking sketchy and the 6PM closing time makes an evening visit impossible. (scheduled with the school from 1-5PM both days, leaving Wed. PM.).
JHADfC.gif

Would love to have found a way to hang with some of the Chicago-area peeps, but our schedule is kinda crap, and packed... :(

Both pairs I have along are from Leffot (the 2012/14 #8 Naval boots are the others)
Can anyone offer some guidance on the fit of the plaza last for a balmoral? I have a pair of wingtip boots on the plaza that I love but I am a little concerned that the instep may be a shade low on a balmoral. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm able to try them on in advance.

Here's a photo of how my boots lace with dress socks. These are a D width and a perfect fit with thin socks. Any opinions? I realize this is a highly inexact science. :)

For reference, I generally have V gap issues on the ae 65 last due to high instep and resort to either an E width TTS, a EE a half size down, or a EEE a full size down, all of which seem to more or less work depending upon the shoe.

View attachment 1296354
Not quite a tanker Tuesday. Plaza NSTs today.

View attachment 1296417
My first ever Tanker Tuesday!

View attachment 1296510
Maiden Voyage of Epaulet x Alden Medallion Tip Blucher in #8
View attachment 1296539

20191210_103235.jpg

Robe Coat: Eidos
Jacket: Eidos
Shirt: Drake's
Pants: Spier
Shoes: Alden
Awesome B&M 4th Ave. perf captoe boots on crappy hospital flooring. Love these boots.
View attachment 1296593 TSM Color8 Plaza Brogue Cap
Some 379x lasted NST boots (and a dog) View attachment 1296630
New arrival
Snuff on Commando - Leffot
View attachment 1296659
Whiskey shell, 1999 production (left) vs 2019 production (right).

The 1999 shoe is from a trial shoe pair (one off sample pair for testing/production purposes).

View attachment 1296737
I don't know if it's true for all Plaza loafers, but I did for this one:
View attachment 1296794
Been a bit. Visiting this forum too often makes me impulse buy a lot easier haha. First black purchase in forever, and first black shell. The brass really makes this model...

View attachment 1296997
Happy hump day everyone. Cigar captoes today.

View attachment 1297000
Wingtip Wednesday Spoilered:

A few degrees below zero this morning so I went with an old favorite - J Crew kudu Indy
View attachment 1297059
Simply one of my favorite boots, especially since they now have a leather sole.

View attachment 1297066
View attachment 1297114
Straight Tip CXL Boots from B&M and @Misterg12
Blue suede on a gloomy Wednesday.

View attachment 1297143

Dr. Jones boot from Leather Soul today. Probably my favorite boots. View attachment 1297245

5x6snyq.jpg

Guys, killer showing yesterday and today! Thor, those 8 Indy’s are insane. Look forward to seeing the Blacks in 10 years!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics