• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think DonL regularly posts cool Copley lasted Tassels from Union Made RIP.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been wearing the 379 lasted boots all afternoon and evening and I really like this last. heel fit's tight, waist is right, toe room is good, they remind me of my GS Leo lasted boots. Is the 379 an "orthopedic" last? I have heard it is more common in Japan than here in USA, is this true. Yes, I know I could Google it, but everyone here is so much more knowledgeable about Alden things.....

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the 379 lasted boots all afternoon and evening and I really like this last. heel fit's tight, waist is right, toe room is good, they remind me of my GS Leo lasted boots. Is the 379 an "orthopedic" last? I have heard it is more common in Japan than here in USA, is this true. Yes, I know I could Google it, but everyone here is so much more knowledgeable about Alden things.....

Yes it’s loosely based on the Munson last

dme2406

Reaction score
This is my favorite last-especially the shoes. So comfortable but hard to find in the U.S.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is my favorite last-especially the shoes. So comfortable but hard to find in the U.S.
I got the boots from TSM seconds site, the only thing wrong with them is a "ding" or Divet on the right boot. I don't care as they are boots and I seem to be hard on boots. I'm on the lookout for more of this last, damn comfy!

theratpack

Reaction score
I got the boots from TSM seconds site, the only thing wrong with them is a "ding" or Divet on the right boot. I don't care as they are boots and I seem to be hard on boots. I'm on the lookout for more of this last, damn comfy!

Brogue Menlo Park has the Military (Cognac or Color 8) and Contra Boots on the 379X last.

Also wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair of these... if only I could get to France.

theratpack

Reaction score

one more on the 379X...

macher

Reaction score
Hi I have a pair of 405’s in calf. Was wondering how well these can do in the rain or light snow or do I need to treat them. Or what leather is best for the rain and snow. Was going to wear my 405’s yesterday then when I was leaving for work it started to rain. I said to myself ‘I don’t want to ruin my boots’. Thanks.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a pair of 405’s in calf. Was wondering how well these can do in the rain or light snow or do I need to treat them. Or what leather is best for the rain and snow. Was going to wear my 405’s yesterday then when I was leaving for work it started to rain. I said to myself ‘I don’t want to ruin my boots’. Thanks.
I have a nearly 15 year old pair of calf 405s. I have never conditioned them but I have brushed them regularly. I wear them in sun, rain, and sometimes in snow. They now have one of the nicest patinas of any of my Aldens, including shell.

Don’t sweat it. Wear them. They are boots.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t sweat it. Wear them. They are boots.
I understand not wanting to get pristine boots wet or covered in snow, there is something about trying to keep footwear looking new as long as possible that appeals to me as well. However, I must totally agree with @ironclad and his excellent comment about this.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brogue Menlo Park has the Military (Cognac or Color 8) and Contra Boots on the 379X last.

Also wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair of these... if only I could get to France.

I've been looking at the Cognac Military boot for a while :)

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a bit. Visiting this forum too often makes me impulse buy a lot easier haha. First black purchase in forever, and first black shell. The brass really makes this model...

20191211_064021.jpg

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to add this to the previous post. I had 10 pair of Indy Boots, buying the revers tobacco chamois from Ealdwine makes 11 pair, this doesn't sit well with my mild OCD, so really buying one more pair means 2 more pair as I have to have a even number. Either buy one more to make 12 or sell one to make 10....... Do I have a problem? Or are there other people who view collections in the same way?
Actually, neither.

13 is the lucky number you should be aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads