• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures in the daylight.
7C3FE7A6-48F2-4EB9-A3CE-8D234D09C453.jpeg

D394DEF8-3230-4567-8FE1-202A58833503.jpeg

87909B4F-E32A-4A8D-8983-EB12CDF85F89.jpeg

60CE3A1F-AD71-496E-82D8-7A052B61696C.jpeg

063C9F3B-A152-428F-9F52-00DA81A43947.jpeg

Great Boot! Gentlemen's Footwear?

Alden x Twill D9913HC Reverse Tobacco Chamois Indy boots. Everything I was looking for and maybe didn’t know it. I was eyeballing the B+M Indy that is similar but with the tonal eyelets and mocc toe stitch. Then I was tipped off about these actually existing in real life and not a preorder. While I was thinking it over someone preordered my size in the B+M model. Decision made! Two days later, here are my new boots. I love the looks of them and they feel great walking around the house so far. Might need two Indy boots down the line.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are some pictures in the daylight.
View attachment 1284919
View attachment 1284918
View attachment 1284920
View attachment 1284921
View attachment 1284922

Alden x Twill D9913HC Reverse Tobacco Chamoid Indy boots. Everything I was looking for and maybe didn’t know it. I was eyeballing the B+M Indy that is similar but with the tonal eyelets and mocc toe stitch. Then I was tipped off about these actually existing in real life and not a preorder. While I was thinking it over someone preordered my size in the B+M model. Decision made! Two days later, here are my new boots. I love the looks of them and they feel great walking around the house so far. Might need two Indy boots down the line.

Great looking boot! I personally love the brass contrast and commando combination. Whe you get the itch for CXL, look at the AoC 105 seen here.

occytron

Reaction score
After various pairs of Red Wings over the years, as well as trying and returning several other brands that just didn't work, I received my first pair of Aldens this week and I couldn't be happier. Just a 403 Indy, so nothing special, but a big step up from what I have been used to in other boots. Love the fit, love the leather and definitely love the almost zero break-in required. I can see how these are a gateway to other Alden models, so I have no doubt in a few years I will be both divorced and broke, but with an extremely nice shoe collection. Happy Friday, all!

Indys.jpg

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After various pairs of Red Wings over the years, as well as trying and returning several other brands that just didn't work, I received my first pair of Aldens this week and I couldn't be happier. Just a 403 Indy, so nothing special, but a big step up from what I have been used to in other boots. Love the fit, love the leather and definitely love the almost zero break-in required. I can see how these are a gateway to other Alden models, so I have no doubt in a few years I will be both divorced and broke, but with an extremely nice shoe collection. Happy Friday, all!

View attachment 1284936
Welcome aboard!

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1284936
Congrats! They look good with those pants as well. I’m learning to appreciate the 270 degree storm welt on the classic Indy models a little more each day.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score

View attachment 1284936

I went from 0 to 30 pairs of Aldens this past year. I thought my wife would have left me long ago, but recently I discovered that she likes looking at them just as much as I like wearing them. We are now locked in an addict and enabler downward spiral.

occytron

Reaction score
Congrats! They look good with those pants as well. I’m learning to appreciate the 270 degree storm welt on the classic Indy models a little more each day.

Thanks!

I went from 0 to 30 pairs of Aldens this past year. I thought my wife would have left me long ago, but recently I discovered that she likes looking at them just as much as I like wearing them. We are now locked in an addict and enabler downward spiral.

Whoa, you hit the lottery with her! My wife loves shoes, but mostly when they are hers, not mine.

robster35

Reaction score
405 Indys. Pair on left had a defect and the replacement pair is on the right. Is the color difference just result of different batches or are there a few different 405 colors? Was hoping my replacement pair would be the reddish brown on the left as the pair i received looks more like a slightly darker version of the pumpkin colored ones i already own

Attachments

• C6513BFF-34F6-4921-8A64-8FC1DA1B9DA3.jpeg
    C6513BFF-34F6-4921-8A64-8FC1DA1B9DA3.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 19

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another new addition to the closet: the color 8 tassel. It's not much loved around here, but I love it along with the Aberdeen last. I was waiting for months for a pair to pop up in my size (unusual size) on eBay and finally came across one. One of my favorite styles; they're awaiting their maiden voyage still.

I've finally rounded out the shell tassel collection unless I can swing a ravello pair somehow... :D

DSC00157.JPG
DSC00158.JPG
DSC00159.JPG
DSC00160.JPG

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Sorry for the coming picture overload but I am just a tad bit excited about these!

Been wanting a U-tip or Tanker in shell for as long as I have been an Alden fan. Went back and forth over and over between the two styles. Thought I wanted a U-tip but couldn't get ahold of a pair as AoC and S&S seem to be the only sellers and both were out with no future orders planned. Finally decided to go with the Tanker and the fine people at Alden Madison were able to get me into their pre-order that was supposed to deliver in Dec, they showed up a month early and I am beyond excited about the boots! Perfect makeup, beautiful condition, and I even got a little extra in the full on Horween stamp on the tongue. Maiden voyage for them today and I am now afraid that my other boots are going to be neglected in the near future.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Off to do some shopping with family and lunch.

C7B5E981-8B00-4EF3-8EDE-0547212C4464.jpeg

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
405 Indys. Pair on left had a defect and the replacement pair is on the right. Is the color difference just result of different batches or are there a few different 405 colors? Was hoping my replacement pair would be the reddish brown on the left as the pair i received looks more like a slightly darker version of the pumpkin colored ones i already own
I believe it's just different batches as you said. I would probably ask for a complete swap out of pairs honeslty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads