• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday forum pals. Navy blue CXL for wingtip Wednesday. I find it difficult to capture their true shade.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1283765

Alden x Mr Sid tobacco chamois WTB

I've been liking pictures of tobacco chamois (non-reverse) a lot lately. Been considering a pair of Indys in that skin, but also debating the Leather Soul Vintage Indy. Maybe that's a distinction without a difference. Not sure that chamois and oiled nubuck are different.

Of course, I have a special makeup coming in December, so I really don't need another Indy. But, who couldn't use another one.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought you all might appreciate these. They are not my first Alden’s. But, they are my first Alden Shell Cordovan LWB.

They are now among my very favorites of all my shoes:

20B623EF-7E7E-44C1-B26A-38D106D084C0.jpeg

mattw

Reaction score
Speaking of tobacco smoothout chamois, any shoe (not boot) makeups out there other than the stock PTB?

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another addition to the closet. I've been sitting on these for a few months since I lost my job and haven't gotten around to wearing them. They'll be in action soon. I didn't bother to brush the bloom away, so enjoy a bit of bloomy goodness!

I've been after this particular pair for a while and I had to wait since I am not a non-stock size; well worth it. One of my favorite designs and lasts to knock it out of the park!

Big thanks to AoM for their (always) excellent service! I know the good Doctor @smfdoc has a slightly different pair and @mdubs had a pair a while ago.

Alden model 9854, one that I haven't seen on these pages.

DSC00141.JPG
DSC00143.JPG
DSC00144.JPG
DSC00145.JPG

stijn

Reaction score
Another addition to the closet. I've been sitting on these for a few months since I lost my job and haven't gotten around to wearing them. They'll be in action soon. I didn't bother to brush the bloom away, so enjoy a bit of bloomy goodness!

I've been after this particular pair for a while and I had to wait since I am not a non-stock size; well worth it. One of my favorite designs and lasts to knock it out of the park!

Big thanks to AoM for their (always) excellent service! I know the good Doctor @smfdoc has a slightly different pair and @mdubs had a pair a while ago.

Alden model 9854, one that I haven't seen on these pages.

View attachment 1283824 View attachment 1283825 View attachment 1283826 View attachment 1283827
Love them! I hope mine will be with me soon, from the EU so it'll take a couple of more days to get them.
Lovely pair of shoes. I was heavily in doubt with a pair of C&J Westminsters in cordovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads