• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Morning. Mahogany splitters.
80ED0C18-DD70-4192-981F-10737EF09EAC.jpeg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am loving the Bootapalooza that has taken over the thread lately. Keep it coming!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Comfy blue suede for errands.

84AB5343-97DC-4D9B-8F6A-006052C23C43.jpeg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Classic BB Tassel post swim. So sad the BB buyer miss stepped. Those Italian shells with rubber soles will never fly with this crowd. Guessing the buyer is very young and not really into classic Ivy League.. Edward Green shot as well.. C&J probably next up on the BB chopping block.
Stinks as I've been a BB customer since graduation .. almost five decades.. there is a market, JCrew and many others thankfully should pick up the market share. Won't even buy a pair socks anymore at BB. Rant officially over.. return to scheduled programming..
IMG_1082.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been slowly building up the collection (it's already very large) over the past few months and I haven't shared diddly squat yet! :D Also, just bought my first camera (for the wife mainly, early Christmas present) so I've been having fun taking photos of said shoes and finding an excuse to photograph anything....

With that said, here is the most recent addition; non-Alden, Grant Stone, so avert thine eyes.

Navy suede Ottawa boot with beautiful toe stitching and insane SPI on the welt. Also, the cleanest welt joint I've ever seen. I look forward to wearing these a lot. I am extremely impressed and the fit is perfect. Removed the original laces and installed AE rounds.

DSC00070.JPG
DSC00071.JPG
DSC00073.JPG
DSC00074.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Classic BB Tassel post swim. So sad the BB buyer miss stepped. Those Italian shells with rubber soles will never fly with this crowd. Guessing the buyer is very young and not really into classic Ivy League.. Edward Green shot as well.. C&J probably next up on the BB chopping block.
Stinks as I've been a BB customer since graduation .. almost five decades.. there is a market, JCrew and many others thankfully should pick up the market share. Won't even buy a pair socks anymore at BB. Rant officially over.. return to scheduled programming.. View attachment 1279343

I agree, Chip. I am much younger than you (old at heart) but it's sad to see Brooks go about it like this.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that I have "downsized" my boot collection (still have a few 9's left) I needed to move things around in the closet, I'm getting it to the point where, all Indy's are in one location, suede in another, Shell on 3 or 4 shelves.....it's taking shape. Realized I haven't worn the 401's recently so...........
IMG_9652.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads