• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
#8 Indy lookalikes on the 379X.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to post today but I walked to breakfast this morning with the Mrs. Rugby and boots for a fall morning!

IMG_20191010_070551584_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191010_070531515_HDR.jpg

Pinehurst

Reaction score
Just got a pair of All Weather Walkers in the mail. (9.5 D, was sized in the Alden shop here in SF as a 9 E). I think they fit ok, but there is definitely a little heel slippage in the right shoe, while wearing fairly thick wool socks (Darn Tough). I remember the salesman saying something about slippage at first but I can't remember if he said a little slippage is normal, or if there should be no slippage at first. Does anyone have advice about this? The left shoe fits pretty darn good by the way.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, think I will do that! (the 10D safe route that is).

Out of curiosity, did the -1 size +E look sleeker than ur TTS equivalents? The only thing I don't like about Barrie is the ...less than flattering proportions. Comfort wise its obviously a beast.

Bit worried about a Barrie shoe looking clunky.

I share your concern. For me (and this is just my taste) the flat v storm welt makes all the difference in barrie (as well as TB). These Barries are some of my more versatile shoes and to my eyes not ar all clunky.
20191003_171727.jpg

I think it's the reason of love lonwings on other people but not so much on my feet.

Did you notice what was on TV? ?

I did not but my curiosity is certainly piqued.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I share your concern. For me (and this is just my taste) the flat v storm welt makes all the difference in barrie (as well as TB). These Barries are some of my more versatile shoes and to my eyes not ar all clunky. View attachment 1256790
I think it's the reason of love lonwings on other people but not so much on my feet.

I did not but my curiosity is certainly piqued.
I'm the same with longwings on my feet, they look great on others, but I don't think they look good on me. Probably a mental thing, but looking down, I don't like the look on me. BTW those Barries look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads