• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
...following our good Mayor on Whiskey Wednesday here. I know its a layup sort of pic what with the leaf in frame. However, I have a couple century-old sugar maples outside my front door so there will be plenty more leaves in my shoe pics as the weather cools.
View attachment 1255614

Fantastic looking Whiskey Boats. Looking just stellar today and nice to see the seasons transitioning.

Looking forward to to my latest acquisition.
I'll be channeling my inner @Misterg12!
More pics when they arrive.
View attachment 1255615

Congrats on your new NSTs. So lovely.

Morning all. Medallion cap toes today.

View attachment 1255626

Just stunning Medallion Cap Toe Boots. Such a great pattern!

Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. Just going old school black shell, the least exotic color. It has its place in every collection.

View attachment 1255635

Doc, looking great and definitely concur that beautiful black shells, such as yours, belong in every collection.

Brushed and creased :inlove:
Also...jeans are allowed at work again. So I've got that going for me, which is nice

View attachment 1255656

Looking great Rich and those look great with your now tolerated denim!

View attachment 1255690
Joining the Wingtip Wednesday crowd since I’m not wearing any Whiskey.

Great looking Cigar WT Boots bud! Very awesome looking!

Stellar looking Snuff Tassels Don!

Last day for these dogs. Cleaned and bagged until next season. BB Unlined BK View attachment 1255881

Congrats Chippy on getting to move on from the heat! Those Unlined LHSes are looking great!

Awesome Chukka Boots Galileo. Those are looking great!

Cheating a bit on boot-week, but needed fast and comfy for a meeting with my old boss...
3nmolb6.jpg

Very nice M, sure that your old boss would appreciate those.

-Mike

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I brought these from a fellow SF'r with the intent of using them as beaters. So far, they have been my most worn boots. Business casual and (gasp) once with a suit. JCrew cap's in a glorious shade of 8...........

20191010_054058.jpg
20191010_054049.jpg
20191010_054111.jpg

Happy Thursday gents (Friday for me ?).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mykii2704

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on sizing for barrie boots vs shoes? I fit a 10D comfortably, am a 10.5D for grant, but not sure if the Barrie in shoes will be equally tts to my boot size if there's a little room in them (comfy not loose per se). But I also don't want sloppy shoes. I know w/ other manufacturers like Carmina there is typically more volume on lasted boots vs shoes.

Bumping hoping someone has done the shoe / boot combo in Barrie so I can get this pre-order in :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on sizing for barrie boots vs shoes? I fit a 10D comfortably, am a 10.5D for grant, but not sure if the Barrie in shoes will be equally tts to my boot size if there's a little room in them (comfy not loose per se). But I also don't want sloppy shoes. I know w/ other manufacturers like Carmina there is typically more volume on lasted boots vs shoes.
I can only speak for myself, but I size the same in Barrie shoes and boots, and don't notice any difference in fit.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but I size the same in Barrie shoes and boots, and don't notice any difference in fit.

Perfect, thanks mate! I'm a comfy 10.5D in grant and 10D in barrie boots, but I have to admit Ive always been tempted to try 9.5E to see how that goes. Bit risky on a preorder though!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks mate! I'm a comfy 10.5D in grant and 10D in barrie boots, but I have to admit Ive always been tempted to try 9.5E to see how that goes. Bit risky on a preorder though!

I have done this (down a full size from Grant with 'E' width) and it works but it will be a bit snug (at least initially). I would follow @audog 's advice and go 10D. No difference that Im aware of in boots v shoes.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I have done this (down a full size from Grant with 'E' width) and it works but it will be a bit snug (at least initially). I would follow @audog 's advice and go 10D. No difference that Im aware of in boots v shoes.

Thanks mate, think I will do that! (the 10D safe route that is).

Out of curiosity, did the -1 size +E look sleeker than ur TTS equivalents? The only thing I don't like about Barrie is the ...less than flattering proportions. Comfort wise its obviously a beast.

Bit worried about a Barrie shoe looking clunky.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you notice what was on TV? ?

I brought these from a fellow SF'r with the intent of using them as beaters. So far, they have been my most worn boots. Business casual and (gasp) once with a suit. JCrew cap's in a glorious shade of 8...........
View attachment 1256118

Happy Thursday gents (Friday for me ?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads