• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plain Toe Wednesday, Natty boots aging nicely
IMG_8843.jpeg

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I do rotate them sometimes but mostly just let the sun do it’s thing and naturally rotate around them. The Cordovan is naturally darker in areas so they are fading a little slower.
I did a similar thing with my color 8 chukkas and exposed them for a total of around 60 hours or so. What’s your total time right now?

DocWatson

Reaction score
Nice! Are those Cigar?

Color 8, I am quite sure! Got them secondhand (they're a 2014 Leffot run), so they were a little faded when I got them. Great olive tones in the right light, though.

It would be interesting to put together a timeline of the different "characters" of color 8 runs over the years – ones that had more eggplant tones, olive, etc.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8, I am quite sure! Got them secondhand (they're a 2014 Leffot run), so they were a little faded when I got them. Great olive tones in the right light, though.

It would be interesting to put together a timeline of the different "characters" of color 8 runs over the years – ones that had more eggplant tones, olive, etc.
They look so dark (and brown) in that pic I was wondering, "where the heck did he get Cigar Dovers!?" :eek:

DocWatson

Reaction score
They look so dark (and brown) in that pic I was wondering, "where the heck did he get Cigar Dovers!?" :eek:

If only, my friend... I will likely be waiting a long time for any rare shell (currently only on one list), but I'm ok with that. The color 8 pairs I have represent a great range of tones/colors, and they keep me happy. :)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Haven't done this in a while but with the season's changing I figured I'd get in one of my last whiskey Wednesdays......

View attachment 1255516 View attachment 1255517

Those Whiskey LHSes are looking great on this superb Whiskey Wednesday!

Dovers at dawn (or as close to dawn as I get).

View attachment 1255542

Fantastic looking Color 8 Dovers my friend!

Faded 8 vs Color 4. Getting pretty darn close. Pic taken in cloudy condition. View attachment 1255553

Amazing what some sunlight can do! Both look great Matt.

Plain Toe Wednesday, Natty boots aging nicely View attachment 1255582

Very nice looking PT Boots Dog!

-Mike

darkclassic

Reaction score
...following our good Mayor on Whiskey Wednesday here. I know its a layup sort of pic what with the leaf in frame. However, I have a couple century-old sugar maples outside my front door so there will be plenty more leaves in my shoe pics as the weather cools.
whiskey 100919.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...following our good Mayor on Whiskey Wednesday here. I know its a layup sort of pic what with the leaf in frame. However, I have a couple century-old sugar maples outside my front door so there will be plenty more leaves in my shoe pics as the weather cools.
View attachment 1255614
I dig these, and appreciate the photo. Maple trees are "exotic" where I'm at! :rolleyes:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. Just going old school black shell, the least exotic color. It has its place in every collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads