• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Reaction score
...a day late but out for brunch yesterday...seemed like a good day for Ravello WT boots.
9XxXuK13RiCuw46J0Sd3Jw.jpg
cHOKzUxvTrWDxb481Aa%cQ.jpg

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Steve - how true-to color is the pic of the Hunter Green Chamois? I have the tobacco chamois and it is much darker IRL than the pix Leffot had on their site for the pre-order. It's fine, but the dark color limits them a bit for me.

Also, this is a stupid question. Is it "Sham-ee" or "Sham-wah" - I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I feel wrong either way...

I think the color is pretty accurate but will be every slightly lighter/greener IRL the more I look at it ;)
I believe both pronunciations are correct haha

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I normally post this type of shot, feet up, glass of Merlot on the Grant Stone thread, but tonight I'm wearing 405's (which are the quintessential work boot that is good looking) in anticipation of some properly fitting 403's from our good friends in Raleigh, Ealdwine. Needed a new pair now that I know my REAL TB size. Will either donate or somehow get rid of my 403's that are 1/2 size too big.
IMG_8328.jpeg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally post this type of shot, feet up, glass of Merlot on the Grant Stone thread, but tonight I'm wearing 405's (which are the quintessential work boot that is good looking) in anticipation of some properly fitting 403's from our good friends in Raleigh, Ealdwine. Needed a new pair now that I know my REAL TB size. Will either donate or somehow get rid of my 403's that are 1/2 size too big. View attachment 1242170

What size do you own and what size are you now getting?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What size do you own and what size are you now getting?
Have a pair of 9D and getting 8.5D. Can wear the 9's but have found that the arch is damn near perfect in 8.5 TB. Usually wear the orthotics podiatrist prescribed with the 9's, but would rather not wear the damn things :) If interested, I'd sell them cheap, as they have been "worn"

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of 9D and getting 8.5D. Can wear the 9's but have found that the arch is damn near perfect in 8.5 TB. Usually wear the orthotics podiatrist prescribed with the 9's, but would rather not wear the damn things :) If interested, I'd sell them cheap, as they have been "worn"

Send me a pm with some details!

serbarristan

Reaction score
Do you wear 8.5D or 9D in Barrie? Thanks.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you wear 8.5D or 9D in Barrie? Thanks.
Oh, the thing is I can wear either, but 8.5 fits the best. I Brannock at a 9D, but in TB and Barrie 1/2 down seems to be best on arch. If I use the orthotics, prescribed by Podiatrist, then a true 9D works fine, forget the orthotics and 8.5 works best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads