• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Stunning Dubsey.. you know my affection for LHSes.. have a great week Sir!

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
retire, that's my advice! you can still wear cool shoes (and boots) but you will enjoy life more :)

That is happening sooner than you think.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is happening sooner than you think.
I did it at age 62, as soon as I could and haven't looked back, it is awesome and for some unknown reason, I'm busier now than I was when working, but doing STUFF I WANT TO DO, rather than stuff I have to do. The only drawback is that income is somewhat limited to a couple of checks a month, as opposed to a check every week. But we, as humans, can adapt and I have :)

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve - how true-to color is the pic of the Hunter Green Chamois? I have the tobacco chamois and it is much darker IRL than the pix Leffot had on their site for the pre-order. It's fine, but the dark color limits them a bit for me.

Also, this is a stupid question. Is it "Sham-ee" or "Sham-wah" - I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I feel wrong either way...

Take a listen here:

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve - how true-to color is the pic of the Hunter Green Chamois? I have the tobacco chamois and it is much darker IRL than the pix Leffot had on their site for the pre-order. It's fine, but the dark color limits them a bit for me.

Also, this is a stupid question. Is it "Sham-ee" or "Sham-wah" - I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I feel wrong either way...

Here’s a few pictures of my pair if it helps....

0702788A-9CC4-4042-8151-FA42AEAA323C.jpeg
ADC4198C-F2C2-4D0C-80AC-7A1676F406FC.jpeg
7A7748E9-708C-4903-A432-328B97D1EA59.jpeg

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The hunting green chamois is not nearly as dark as the hunting green suede. I'd say the pictures on their site are definitely a bit darker than it appears in sunlight. It's a nice green color without being in-your-face about it.

This is my pair, color here is pretty accurate to what they look like in person I'd say.
vQEJH2H.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No meetings in or out of the office this week means casual all week. I think I will wear 4 pairs of Aldens.

Monday are my newly redrafted 10-year old Cigar semi-brogue oxfords. My first wear. The recrafting solved the issue of stretched out ankles from the former owner.

Indoor and outdoor shots so you can see the colors.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No meetings in or out of the office this week means casual all week. I think I will wear 4 pairs of Aldens.

Monday are my newly redrafted 10-year old Cigar semi-brogue oxfords. My first wear. The recrafting solved the issue of stretched out ankles from the former owner.

Indoor and outdoor shots so you can see the colors.

Glad these worked out for you and that the recrafting resolved the issue.

Dearborn

Reaction score
Selling:
Alden Color 8 LWB in 9 D
Barrie Last
. New Without Box.
Price: $535 + $15 shipping. Net to me (f&f)

View attachment 1241943 View attachment 1241944 View attachment 1241945 View attachment 1241946

BNIB Allen Edmonds Walnut Strands in 9.5 D.

These were made before the company restructured. My newer orders have had diminishing quality. Please refer to photos.

Price: $225 + $15 shipping. Net to me (f&f)
View attachment 1241932 View attachment 1241933 View attachment 1241935 View attachment 1241934

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads