• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a Mizuno junkie. Those MP-4s man...and 14s? The Callaway Apex remind me of the MP-69. Total knock-off. But seriously, amazing sticks all around. Are you eyeing the new MP-20 lineup?

Sorry for the non-Alden tangent!
I'm 100% eyeing them and will probably have 5-pw mp 20 mb by years end. Right now I bounce between the Apex (current fav), mp4, x forged '18 model, and iblades. Not quite as big an iron whore as shoe whore, yet. Putters on the other hand...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cigar Indys with more RRL.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good looking boots. But take a look at that razor thin blade he’s swinging...woof!
My current lineup of blades

View attachment 1238639
I’m a Mizuno junkie. Those MP-4s man...and 14s? The Callaway Apex remind me of the MP-69. Total knock-off. But seriously, amazing sticks all around. Are you eyeing the new MP-20 lineup?

Sorry for the non-Alden tangent!
I'm 100% eyeing them and will probably have 5-pw mp 20 mb by years end. Right now I bounce between the Apex (current fav), mp4, x forged '18 model, and iblades. Not quite as big an iron whore as shoe whore, yet. Putters on the other hand...
If I were a golfer, I'd know what you all were talking about, but enjoy the banter anyway. Have a great evening everyone!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current lineup of blades

View attachment 1238639

I always loves blades the best. Is that an MP33 on the right. Those were butter in their day.

I bag the first Calloway Forged two piece irons. 2- PW. Crap I remember paying 1200 for em. Probably worth 300 now. Also hit an old R510 TP Tour Isused / Tour Fugi Issued 62. I used to pound the hell out of that thing. I liked the smaller 380 cc heads much better.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always loves blades the best. Is that an MP33 on the right. Those were butter in their day.

I bag the first Calloway Forged two piece irons. 2- PW. Crap I remember paying 1200 for em. Probably worth 300 now. Also hit an old R510 TP Tour Isused / Tour Fugi Issued 62. I used to pound the hell out of that thing. I liked the smaller 380 cc heads much better.
Mp4 left, Callaway apex mb middle, mp14 right. Haven't hit the 33s but heard nothing but good things. Mizzy is such a good iron brand

jonesbrass

Reaction score
Guarded goods has some good 54" laces if you want flat. I prefer to use the Allen Edmonds 48" round boot laces for most all my boots now. I like the round because you don't have to fuss with making them lay flat and they pull through easier.
Thanks! I agree with you about getting the flat ones to lay flat nicely . . . It looks great, but it’s a bit of a pain. Does the difference in string length give you enough to work with when tying up the boots?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! I agree with you about getting the flat ones to lay flat nicely . . . It looks great, but it’s a bit of a pain. Does the difference in string length give you enough to work with when tying up the boots?
It does me; 54" has a lot of extra lace. If you have a very large gap, it might get tight.
54:
20181106_122621.jpg

48:
20190107_124905.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mp4 left, Callaway apex mb middle, mp14 right. Haven't hit the 33s but heard nothing but good things. Mizzy is such a good iron brand
The MP 14 is similar to the 33's. I've played both and those are my favorite forged blades. So soft.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MP 14 is similar to the 33's. I've played both and those are my favorite forged blades. So soft.
Even though I’m a grown-@ss man, I still keep a set of 33s at my parents’ house in my old high school golf bag.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from factory restoration. Other than some polishing and brushing, Alden didn't do anything to the uppers. They still look like aged cigar. New sock liners, new soles.

My only question is whether or not to get lulu taps before I wear them. My normal wear pattern is toe wear and outer heel, but the toe damage seems to vary by last and maker - some are worse than others. I have them on one pair of EG and they have been a nice addition, although walking on concrete felt a little odd at first.

IMG_0846.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads