• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever buy the green chromexcel Indy from Alden Madison? I’m curious how these have aged.

+1 me too.

I’d be tempted to put brown pigmented conditioner/cream on them to get that classic cigar shell shade.

djbanor

Reaction score
Another beauty from TSM. Especially like the double waterloc soles.

IMG_20190823_174417.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Brogue "Clint" boot on a Thursday morning View attachment 1227986 View attachment 1227987
Cigars in the sun today. Have a good one fellas!
View attachment 1228000 View attachment 1228002
Traditional Saddles today:

View attachment 1228088
Tanker Thursday
pZVpHVp.jpg

...or something like that...
Rain in the forecast today so I reached for my other pair of grant wtbs.

View attachment 1228097
Thanks to another member here, managed to pick up a gently worn pair of Ravello wing tip boots from a 2011 run. These are my first pair of older Ravello but the color is so much more red than recent runs and I've posted a few pictures next to my 2019 chukkas for comparison. Still have a little more work to do on these but can't wait to start wearing them.

Also, by popular demand another picture with the ever sociable Indy (unfortunately not the best picture of the boots).

View attachment 1228319

View attachment 1228317

View attachment 1228318

View attachment 1228310
Guys, I've tried toe taps but they just don't work for me. For dark edges, topy's are the way to go. The 3 8's either had taps or nothing and the toe drag was bad. Decided to go back to what I know and took the 3 8's to my cobbler. He's a guy in his 50's who spends his day flirting with all the women while his dad (original shop owner) does most of the work. The problem is that when his dad works on my shoes I have to clean the black polish residue from my shoes. A little Collonil (thanks again @smfdoc) and they clean up nicely. No product on the cigars. My normal wipe/brush after wearing them today.......

View attachment 1228359 View attachment 1228360

I just love me some Alden 8.
Tobacco reverse chamois jumpers today. View attachment 1228369
Last night, headed out to supper, yes baggy chino's and all View attachment 1228536 View attachment 1228537 . Didn't have chance to post yesterday
While I am mostly reformed in regards to boot season, these haven't seen the foot in a while as I feel they are quite a bit warmer than calf or shell. But temps are down today, so here we go. View attachment 1228574
Alden Madison cxl jumpers today. Happy Friday fellas!
View attachment 1228576
Brogue Wall Street chukka

View attachment 1228581
Seattle snuff Indy. Bonus picture of my buddy Jack (not my pupper sadly) who was helping me draft in a fantasy football league last night

View attachment 1228580 View attachment 1228582
Morning all. Inaugural wearing of the grant wtbs today. Happy Friday everyone.

View attachment 1228616
Happy Friday forum pals. V tips to head in to the weekend.

View attachment 1228669
Burnished Tan Calf LHSs and newly-hemmed Gustins (with a stray dog hair) for a casual Friday:

View attachment 1228679
Love the look. Still kinda hate the fit
Same here but my elusive hampton is the Fresco boot. Brogue never did have my size. FWIW, Leather Soul ran a shoe version way back when. Wonder if they would consider running it again for you?

View attachment 1228779
From yesterday, whiskey LHS
View attachment 1228780
Rarely wear these but they always get compliments. Creasing/wrinkles are tough for CXL LWB

View attachment 1228816
Black shell plain toe boot from TSM with added nickel eyelets. Rolling nicely.

View attachment 1228938
I have been pinning for these discontinued vtip tassels for quite some time and thanks to a great transaction with @FLW, I finally have a pair......

View attachment 1228972 View attachment 1228973

Shoes arrived exactly as advertised and required very little cleaning. Applied a little Collonil because, well, thats what I do. Ready for road work.
Went with these Reverse Tobacco Chamois U-tip boots this morning

View attachment 1228984
Unlined Whiskey that looks more Amaretto in colour to my eye. Either way a comfortable shoe on a hot day for the Dr.'s office. View attachment 1228996
Another beauty from TSM. Especially like the double waterloc soles.

View attachment 1229000

Guys are killing it today, yet again...

Congrats to Vocans on those crazy vintage Ravello WTs, Shawn on his lusted split Tassel, and DJ on those Whiskeys.

Hope that ya’ll have a great Friday!

-Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week, I hit a personal milestone: when I signed up as a member of this site 6 months ago, I only owned a single pair of Aldens (my trusty 15-year-old 994s); this week, I was able to wear a different pair of Aldens to the office every day.

My collection is still tiny compared to many of the regulars here, but I'm very happy to have hit this milestone, and I look forward to the day when I can wear a different pair of Aldens every day for an entire week (and then two weeks, a month, and so on).

If you'll allow me to indulge myself, here's the recap:

Monday: Alden x Leffot Dearborns:

20190819_dearborns.jpg

Tuesday: Alden x B+M Unlined Dovers:

20190820_dovers.jpg

Wednesday: Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NSTs:

20190821_NSTs.jpg

Thursday: My trusty 994s:

20190822_994s.jpg

Friday: Leisure Handsewn Goodness:

20190823_LHSs.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just not a huge chukka fan here, in fact if you want a few pair of Mass Drop AE suede chukkas, Never worn, PM me :)

I also have two pair of them, lightly used, in 12eee that need a new home. PM me if you want a pair.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week, I hit a personal milestone: when I signed up as a member of this site 6 months ago, I only owned a single pair of Aldens (my trusty 15-year-old 994s); this week, I was able to wear a different pair of Aldens to the office every day.

My collection is still tiny compared to many of the regulars here, but I'm very happy to have hit this milestone, and I look forward to the day when I can wear a different pair of Aldens every day for an entire week (and then two weeks, a month, and so on).

If you'll allow me to indulge myself, here's the recap:

Monday: Alden x Leffot Dearborns:

View attachment 1229036

Tuesday: Alden x B+M Unlined Dovers:

View attachment 1229037

Wednesday: Alden x Leffot Blue Suede NSTs:

View attachment 1229038

Thursday: My trusty 994s:

View attachment 1229042

Friday: Leisure Handsewn Goodness:

View attachment 1229043

So strong.....

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked the dog last night and had to put on a jacket. Know what means? Boot time baby! Broke the boots out of storage and arranged the rack so that they can assume their rightful place in the pecking order of things.....

20190824_071758.jpg

I have a self-imposed limit of 7, because that is all I have room for.....

20190824_071804.jpg

Unfortunately my summer haul has taken me over, in addition to a couple in the basement, there's these, relegated to the closet floor under my sweaters.....

20190824_072404.jpg

Boot time baby. The only good thing about seeing summer come to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads