• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxbrock

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone had some experience with the Modified last and can assist.
I own a pair of fairly new Barrie last boots in E width that fit comfortably with ample space towards the heel.
My left pinky joint are a bit snug sometimes when my feet are a bit swollen but for the most part they fit fine.
Any insight or help as to which size (width) I would need to get for the Modified and do I stay same size for length?

Reaction score
Has anyone had the opportunity to check out the new handsewn loafer at leffot?

Haven't checked it out, but it looks great in the pictures.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to another member here, managed to pick up a gently worn pair of Ravello wing tip boots from a 2011 run. These are my first pair of older Ravello but the color is so much more red than recent runs and I've posted a few pictures next to my 2019 chukkas for comparison. Still have a little more work to do on these but can't wait to start wearing them.

Also, by popular demand another picture with the ever sociable Indy (unfortunately not the best picture of the boots).

20190822_181152.jpg

20190822_180956.jpg

20190822_181052.jpg

20190822_181720.jpg

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to another member here, managed to pick up a gently worn pair of Ravello wing tip boots from a 2011 run. These are my first pair of older Ravello but the color is so much more red than recent runs and I've posted a few pictures next to my 2019 chukkas for comparison. Still have a little more work to do on these but can't wait to start wearing them.

Also, by popular demand another picture with the ever sociable Indy (unfortunately not the best picture of the boots).

View attachment 1228319

View attachment 1228317

View attachment 1228318

View attachment 1228310
Hahahah, Indy is the best!

Great boots too. The older Ravello is epic compared to a few more recent Brownvello releases. Hopefully Indy gives them a headbutt or approval.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahah, Indy is the best!

Great boots too. The older Ravello is epic compared to a few more recent Brownvello releases. Hopefully Indy gives them a headbutt or approval.

He's a big ham. One of the friendliest and most outgoing cats I've met and greets me (and anyone else) at the door everyday and then follows you from room to room for the next 20 to 30 minutes. Loves nothing more than pats, attacking shoelaces and nonexistent gremlins under my bed sheets, and crushed ice. Total weirdo.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've tried toe taps but they just don't work for me. For dark edges, topy's are the way to go. The 3 8's either had taps or nothing and the toe drag was bad. Decided to go back to what I know and took the 3 8's to my cobbler. He's a guy in his 50's who spends his day flirting with all the women while his dad (original shop owner) does most of the work. The problem is that when his dad works on my shoes I have to clean the black polish residue from my shoes. A little Collonil (thanks again @smfdoc) and they clean up nicely. No product on the cigars. My normal wipe/brush after wearing them today.......

20190822_200757.jpg
20190822_200728.jpg

I just love me some Alden 8.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've tried toe taps but they just don't work for me. For dark edges, topy's are the way to go. The 3 8's either had taps or nothing and the toe drag was bad. Decided to go back to what I know and took the 3 8's to my cobbler. He's a guy in his 50's who spends his day flirting with all the women while his dad (original shop owner) does most of the work. The problem is that when his dad works on my shoes I have to clean the black polish residue from my shoes. A little Collonil (thanks again @smfdoc) and they clean up nicely. No product on the cigars. My normal wipe/brush after wearing them today.......

View attachment 1228359 View attachment 1228360

I just love me some Alden 8.
Nice shot! What didn’t you like about the taps Shawn?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shot! What didn’t you like about the taps Shawn?

Thanks! I didn't hate the look but I didn't like it either. The topy, with dark edges, is just cleaner to me (notice that I do have taps on the cigars). Additionally every once in a while I would scrap my toe and one would come undone. Nothing major, just like the topy better.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't hate the look but I didn't like it either. The topy, with dark edges, is just cleaner to me (notice that I do have taps on the cigars). Additionally every once in a while I would scrap my toe and one would come undone. Nothing major, just like the topy better.
You talking the plastic or metal taps? I’ve used the plastic ones before but just ordered some metal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads