• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I am the outlier. My Indy boots were a very late acquisition in the collection. I had about 20 pairs of shoes before I even went to the boots.

View attachment 1225992

Very nice Doc! I am actually more in your boots as I bought many shoes before diving into boots as well...

Your photos are always a highlight of my day, keep up the artistic work!

Your words are too kind! Do you prefer weekly digests or more frequent posts? I can do more frequently now as I picked up an adapter to sync my Nikon to my iPhone...

Definitely an LHS kinda day
View attachment 1226009

Man, your pair is looking soo clean. I need to clean mine up and get them resoled...

Took some pictures of the Vintage Indys for next week’s GYW collections thread. I’ve been wearing them off and on the past few days since they arrived.

Very awesome HonestPanda. Those are one of my favorite non-shell Indy Boots...

This is when I contracted the disease - J.Crew cxl Dovers when the 40% off code used to work semi-regularly.

View attachment 1226048

I wasn’t super excited when I bought them, but they’ve become my most worn pair over the past 2 years. I run them pretty hard and think the chromexcel looks even better than when new.

Pretty much anything Alden makes has the potential of becoming “go to’s”.... Those are looking great!

403 for when the job is going to get messy and dirty, these things keep on trucking. They have been submerged in a lake, on the roof, digging a garden, mowing the lawn, doing carpentry, changing oil and so much more. No matter what I subject them to, they clean up pretty well and just keep on getting softer and more comfortable. Tonight they are going to visit a local family farm and pick sweet corn. For those who have never picked sweet corn on a farm, it is muddy, sweaty, bug infested "fun". We need to pick enough to prep it and freeze for winter, so these puppies will be on foot for the next 8 hours or so. Good times! View attachment 1226049

Those classic Indy Boots are just superb and look like they killed your chores today...

Guys, wasn't planning on posting this so I didn't take a 'before' pic, but I tried something different on these whiskeys and I gotta say, they haven't looked this good in years.....

View attachment 1226078

I picked this battery operated buffer off of Amazon and while I understand the shell purist philosophy of brush brush brush but it sometimes conflicts with my lack of time and the fact that, in my heart of hearts, I'm just a lazy guy. I've had this gizmo for a month or so and decided that today would the day. Hit a few pairs and didn't notice much of an improvement on my 8's that didn't require product but I added a little saphir on the Whiskeys and wow, huge difference. I've added a little saphir to the whiskey's in the past and the results were nearly as dramatic. So my question to the shell lovers is whether you've tried something like this and if so, what are your impressions and if not, why?

Shawn, that little hand buffer is awesome. They did make those LHSes look magical. From the head on them, looks like more of a buffer vice a brusher...

Shawnc.. Renovator or Bick.. both are great. Actually anymore, I just use a very small amount of Alden wax for each colour.
BB Jet Black Unlined for Sunday post swim, View attachment 1226122 pre BBQ.

Looking great Chippy! Those should hold up nicely to accidental BBQ sauce drips. ;-)

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice Doc! I am actually more in your boots as I bought many shoes before diving into boots as well...

Your words are too kind! Do you prefer weekly digests or more frequent posts? I can do more frequently now as I picked up an adapter to sync my Nikon to my iPhone...

Man, your pair is looking soo clean. I need to clean mine up and get them resoled...

Very awesome HonestPanda. Those are one of my favorite non-shell Indy Boots...

Pretty much anything Alden makes has the potential of becoming “go to’s”.... Those are looking great!

Those classic Indy Boots are just superb and look like they killed your chores today...

Shawn, that little hand buffer is awesome. They did make those LHSes look magical. From the head on them, looks like more of a buffer vice a brusher...

Looking great Chippy! Those should hold up nicely to accidental BBQ sauce drips. ;-)

-Mike
Thanks! I can't imagine a pair of yours ever looking like they need to be serviced!

Scheeksspeare

Reaction score
Hello gents!

Visited Hawaii some weeks ago and this here is the best souvenir i bought there. ? From LeatherSoul.

My second pair of Aldens. First one are #8 shell indy boots, bought last year at Alden Madison.

I am very happy with both pairs and they won‘t be the last.

Greetings from germany! ☀️?

4A0B3E1C-0032-4223-91C7-7AAB45C85BC3.jpeg

8153D47A-94E0-45EF-A2FF-C99A70E87A9A.jpeg

A7C43B1D-3DDB-4C69-BFE6-76D8566863A7.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nikon, that explains the quality, much better than an iPhone camera alone. Frequency of photos is up to you, I enjoy either, they are just really good photos of shoes and boots!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hello gents!

Visited Hawaii some weeks ago and this here is the best souvenir i bought there. ? From LeatherSoul.

My second pair of Aldens. First one are #8 shell indy boots, bought last year at Alden Madison.

I am very happy with both pairs and they won‘t be the last.

Greetings from germany! ☀?

View attachment 1226344

View attachment 1226345

View attachment 1226343

Congratulations on your new Indy Boots from our friends in Hawaii. They look just superb, as does that lovely flower!

Looking great today in your classic Chukka Boots with Selvedge.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Nikon, that explains the quality, much better than an iPhone camera alone. Frequency of photos is up to you, I enjoy either, they are just really good photos of shoes and boots!

Yeah, using a DSLR makes a huge difference. Especially since I am using a very fast prime lens that can do some really nice depth of field effects. The iPhone does a decent job of simulating it, but nothing beats the real thing.

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As promised... these are my Snuff LHSes.

View attachment 1226457

I keep intending to shop them to Alden but haven’t yet... Will be my first recraft.

-Mike
Nice! I like seeing fresh shoes, but it's always nice to see a truly loved pair on here too.
I've done AE recrafts, but not Alden yet. Is that the original heel too?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Monday. Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan LWB.

View attachment 1226459

View attachment 1226460

I decided to pair them up with my Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Belt. I haven’t been wearing my Alden Belts recently in favor of my similar Guarded Goods pairs to keep these in better condition. But you gotta splurge occasionally.

View attachment 1226458

-Mike
Very nice! It looks like he's stopped carrying the shell belts and went over to gator. I grabbed a bit more casual caramel belt from Rancourt last year. It gets pretty frequent use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads