• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Gents,

Quick sizing question. If anyone wear ‘C’ width in Aberdeen last due to heel size, which size/width did you guys choose for Barrie lasted LWB?

For instance, if it’s 9C in Aberdeen lasted shoes, did you guys opt for 8.5C in Barrie lasted LWB? or 8.5D?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short of never wearing them, does anyone here know of a way to keep Natty boots looking new? I have tried VSC but..........
The Saphir Greasy Leather Cream works well IMHO and doesn't leave a shine like VSC (which I prefer on CXL)

serbarristan

Reaction score
Gents,

Quick sizing question. If anyone wear ‘C’ width in Aberdeen last due to heel size, which size/width did you guys choose for Barrie lasted LWB?

For instance, if it’s 9C in Aberdeen lasted shoes, did you guys opt for 8.5C in Barrie lasted LWB? or 8.5D?
I’m 11C in Aberdeen and just received some 10.5C Barrie LWB that fit great.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Short of never wearing them, does anyone here know of a way to keep Natty boots looking new? I have tried VSC but..........

I use Bick 4 on all of my CXL.

kentpope

Reaction score
IMG_4893.jpg

I need to offset the cost of the cordovan loafers I picked up from Brooks so I've dropped the price on these size 7.5D longwings (style 975) to $375 shipped if anyone’s interested. Fantastic condition. Only worn for a few months. Thanks gang.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. Good looking shoes!

Gents,

Absolutely, I do!

I require a C in Aberdeen due to heel slip (I feel the heel cup is massive). I wear an 11.5C Aberdeen/Hampton and a 10.5D Barrie. I tried the 11C Barrie and I felt like the heel was squeezing the life out of my achilles; just terrible. The 10.5D Barrie fits like a glove.

Now I know it may seem odd that I wear a full size down, but the 11D Aberdeen was a toe smasher for me, which required a bit of extra length (11.5) and the C took my slip out.

Feel free to ask more questions. Hope this helps!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What length laces do you guys use for round laces for Alden boots?

I measured my flat lace (old, possibly stretched) at about 50''. That tells me I should stick with a 48'' lace, correct?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I measured my flat lace (old, possibly stretched) at about 50''. That tells me I should stick with a 48'' lace, correct?
AE 48" rounds are in all of my boots, but a few HMs with GG flat laces.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few people use the 48” Allen Edmonds laces. I like them personally.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Thank you. Good looking shoes!

Absolutely, I do!

I require a C in Aberdeen due to heel slip (I feel the heel cup is massive). I wear an 11.5C Aberdeen/Hampton and a 10.5D Barrie. I tried the 11C Barrie and I felt like the heel was squeezing the life out of my achilles; just terrible. The 10.5D Barrie fits like a glove.

Now I know it may seem odd that I wear a full size down, but the 11D Aberdeen was a toe smasher for me, which required a bit of extra length (11.5) and the C took my slip out.

Feel free to ask more questions. Hope this helps!

@savvysartorial , thanks for your great advice. I’m actually same case as you. I tried 7.5D Aberdeen last, but since it smashed my toes, I went for 8C and it was good without heel slips.

If my case is similar to your case, I guess that I should go for 7D in Barrie last, what do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads