• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipperoo

Reaction score
Color 8 Plain Toe boot today

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Sliding into suede for a blue Tuesday.

J One

Reaction score
Hey guys need your help,
A few years ago I contacted a well regarded recraft guy either in Arizona or New Mexico to work on my Alden's, but I lost his contact information. Do any of you know the name or Contact info of who I am talking about. I belive his name was somthing like Ahram but not sure.
Thanks in advance.

theshoemart

Reaction score
A new arrival requires a mid day change to try them out. They are Indy oxfords, apparently sold through TSM at some point, style 4002. Lucky to find them as new old stock. Any history would be appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply--it's vacation season!
I have a little more background for those curious on this style...

We previously carried both your 4002 in Brown CXL and also the 40022 in Natural CXL. I don't have the exact date released. I began working here in October of 2013, so you're in the correct ballpark.

In 2015 we released a newer version of the Brown CXL Indy Oxford--this time with 6 eyelets and double leather soles. 360 degree welt instead of 270. Style # 40023. My earliest communications on this style were March 2015 when the item had arrived in our warehouse.

Our most recent version is the D8604C with 6 eyelets, 270 degree welt, and Commando soles. This one was first available in June 2018 and it is still available today.

All were/are on TruBalance.

I believe there was mention of a 4-eyelet version before the 4002, but I don't have confirmation or images for that one. The 6-eyelet versions seem to offer the better fit for most of our customers.

- Liz

Attachments

• 1D_40023.jpg
    1D_40023.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1D_40022.jpg
    1D_40022.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 1D_4002.jpg
    1D_4002.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 28

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply--it's vacation season!
I have a little more background for those curious on this style...

We previously carried both your 4002 in Brown CXL and also the 40022 in Natural CXL. I don't have the exact date released. I began working here in October of 2013, so you're in the correct ballpark.

In 2015 we released a newer version of the Brown CXL Indy Oxford--this time with 6 eyelets and double leather soles. 360 degree welt instead of 270. Style # 40023. My earliest communications on this style were March 2015 when the item had arrived in our warehouse.

Our most recent version is the D8604C with 6 eyelets, 270 degree welt, and Commando soles. This one was first available in June 2018 and it is still available today.

All were/are on TruBalance.

I believe there was mention of a 4-eyelet version before the 4002, but I don't have confirmation or images for that one. The 6-eyelet versions seem to offer the better fit for most of our customers.

- Liz

Thanks for the history confirmation Liz. Your information correlates with some of the old internet pages of the TSM website. The 4002 seems to have been removed from the site at the end of 2014.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shoe mart sent an email about another batch of seconds being posted on the website today. Is it wrong that I am disappointed that there are still none in my size even though I really do not need more shoes?

gilby

Reaction score
I've got a few grails looking for a new home. I'll let them go for retail to someone who will provide a good home. If I don't get any interest they are going on the Bay to the highest bidder.

Whiskey Indy - Dbl. Leather - Brass Eyelets - 11D - Trubalance - $1060 - worn 3 hours
Cigar WTB - Dbl. Leather - Plaza - 11.5D $960 - NIB

I'm thinking about letting a ravello & or cigar PTB go but I'm still on the fence. Let me know if those interest you.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need your help,
A few years ago I contacted a well regarded recraft guy either in Arizona or New Mexico to work on my Alden's, but I lost his contact information. Do any of you know the name or Contact info of who I am talking about. I belive his name was somthing like Ahram but not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Aram at AH One Shoes. He’s in Virginia.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the trip continues.. Bay Area the past few days heading up to North Shore Lake Tahoe today for four or five days.. Mammoth Lake next down 395 from Tahoe
IMG_6216.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG
later in the week. this is a fun couple week trip throughout Gods country.. okay I am a native and hence biased. Born St. Luke's Pasadena.
Alpine for the mountains today..

Last edited:

J One

Reaction score
Thanks, I think that is him. I am looking to change the welt style and he was willing to do so last time I talk to him.

stonewall1614

Reaction score
guys,

i have a 947 weather walker worn maybe 10 days. size 9D Barrie complete with box and bags etc. They are listed on the marketplace. feel free to contact. $150 shipped.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden Voyage of my new (to me) B&M unlined color 8 Dovers (a Grail shoe for me):

20190723_Dovers.jpg

Scored from eBay in pristine condition at a significant discount from the price for new (and B&M have none in my size in any case). Seller claimed to have only tried them on carefully a couple of times, and pics on the listing seemed to confirm this claim.

Close inspection upon receipt confirmed it to be the case; as you can see, there was absolutely no creasing in the vamp, and the soles and heels were totally unmarked. Clearly they were only worn, briefly, on carpeted surfaces. (There were a couple of signs that they were not brand new in the box, but you'd have to look really closely to find them.)

Very happy with this acquisition!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have changed flat laces to round laces, how do they hold up on speedhooks?

Seriously considering changing the laces to round on my J. Crew perf tip shell boots and potentially my suede plain toe boots.

Anyone have photos of round laces on these boots? I know @Misterg12 has done the swap at least once...

ADD: I did see someone with a blue suede tanker that looked gorgeous a few pages back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads