• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been much of a loafer guy but the unlined BB makeup may make me rethink that stance (and I think Indiana agrees). While these are very comfortable sockless, I'm fairly confident a lined loafer on Van wouldn't work with my instep. Going to have to try one on Grant or hope Alden introduces a partially lined shell model on Van.

View attachment 1209784

Easily one of my favorite makes and yet, I can't stop looking at the cat. Very cool.

Very few people rock loafers like you do P47. Man these are sweet.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't usually wear no show socks, but when I do... you can tell.
20190721_103647.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seeing all these loafers, y'all go sockless? or what no show socks work for you?
+1 for this question: my LHSs and my AE Boulders are both loose enough without socks that I've tried a few different no-show socks (latest were Cariloha) and haven't found any that a) are actually "no-show", or b) stay in place. Suggestions would be most welcome.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Zippy, your pairs are always insane and this is no exception. Totally awesome with those pants too!

Is there a thing as too much snuff??

Dude, spot on with this. Initial testing of paraffin wax was a success.

View attachment 1209422

No such thing, such a great shade of suede. Your WT Boots are killing it today!

Boots for knocking around Moonstone Beach in Cambria, Ca and Other places on the beautiful Central California coastline.. View attachment 1209424 View attachment 1209425

Looks like a great trip along the CA Coastline! Always a beautiful trip! Love your Tankers.

I wasn't big on black denim until recently. I'm stoked on them now haha. Hunting green or earth chamois? ?

View attachment 1209492

Those Chamois Indy Boots are looking top notch. Great color pairing with the trousers.

Your Chicken Legs are looking good with them amazing Whiskey LHS. The LHS is doing all the work.

This is it for now. Wasn't planning on posting but these came out so incredible I decided to share. Of the 5 done so far, the seee-gaaaars are the only one with product. A little Alden brown paste. Excuse the non-Alden pic but I have always believed that the design of the Strand has no equal. Got these off the defect rack because the color was uneven. They have evened up and exhibit the most unique shade of brown of any shells I own......

View attachment 1209618
When the whiskey looks that good, chicken legs are allowed.

All are looking great Shawn. Great cleanup work all around. I do agree with you on the Strand. Such a fantastic model and one of the few AEs that I would actually consider at this point. Are those Walnut Shell?

Hah. Very nice. Dog would be happy. Great looking denim and Indy’s.

I've never been much of a loafer guy but the unlined BB makeup may make me rethink that stance (and I think Indiana agrees). While these are very comfortable sockless, I'm fairly confident a lined loafer on Van wouldn't work with my instep. Going to have to try one on Grant or hope Alden introduces a partially lined shell model on Van.

View attachment 1209784

Yeah, the Alden Unlined LHSes are just phenomenal. Glad that you discovered them! Your pet totally looks like a Koala to me from that angle. ;-)

I have heard that the Modified last is no longer going to be offered, except in the Asian market. So, Modified last boots for a grilling out Saturday evening. View attachment 1209791 View attachment 1209792

That is interesting... they are looking good and glad that you are getting your Grill on!

Always looking awesome Prof, love them classic and beautiful LHSes.

I don't usually wear no show socks, but when I do... you can tell.
View attachment 1210056

Hah, you are doing very nice with them! Looking great in your Unlined Snuff LHSes.

-Mike

InternetTears

Reaction score
Wow, very nice looking Snuff Boots. Amazed that you all wear them in such heat!

-Mike
It’s actually because I’m waiting on whiskey Harvard’s from C&J....decision based on your whiskey shell loafer review. Thanks for that haha ?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All are looking great Shawn. Great cleanup work all around. I do agree with you on the Strand. Such a fantastic model and one of the few AEs that I would actually consider at this point. Are those Walnut Shell?

-Mike

Always appreciate the words Mike, thanks. No walnut, they were listed as the stock color brown. AE was running a sale on seconds and they we're around $200. Remains one of best values. Though every time I see your natty shell version, it pains me to know I will likely never be able to own a pair. I came very close the last time AE offered them during a trunk sale but they cancelled my order after charging my credit card :mad: .

I've noticed a gradual (ever so slight) increase in creases on some of your shells and just want to comment on how nicely your shoes are aging. The AoM (I believe) cigar shortwings you just posted look absolutely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads