• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love these WTs In Tan Country Calf made available by @audog

View attachment 1209095
Always enjoy seeing pics of these. Hope Alden will run them again some day
Liked twice for the plaid trousers
Is there a thing as too much snuff??

Dude, spot on with this. Initial testing of paraffin wax was a success.

View attachment 1209422
ditto for the black denim.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ditto for the black denim.
I wasn't big on black denim until recently. I'm stoked on them now haha. Hunting green or earth chamois? ?

20190720_065956.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't big on black denim until recently. I'm stoked on them now haha. Hunting green or earth chamois? ?

View attachment 1209492
For wear with black denim, darn near any darker color would work, but then so would a nice lighter suede or even a burnished tan calf. When I wear my black denim, I gravitate towards a color 8 boot, but that's just me. And one can never go wrong with hunter green, except maybe if wearing shorts......

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I was playing guess the boot for my picture @audog ;)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe maintenance time. Or as my wife would say 'gettin my shoe cobbler on'. Normal tools of the trade......

20190720_132820.jpg

Will be adding toe taps to a couple of pair as well. 2 down, a few more to go......

20190720_133715.jpg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe maintenance time. Or as my wife would say 'gettin my shoe cobbler on'. Normal tools of the trade......

View attachment 1209595

Will be adding toe taps to a couple of pair as well. 2 down, a few more to go......

View attachment 1209597

This is it for now. Wasn't planning on posting but these came out so incredible I decided to share. Of the 5 done so far, the seee-gaaaars are the only one with product. A little Alden brown paste. Excuse the non-Alden pic but I have always believed that the design of the Strand has no equal. Got these off the defect rack because the color was uneven. They have evened up and exhibit the most unique shade of brown of any shells I own......

20190720_142331.jpg

When the whiskey looks that good, chicken legs are allowed.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is it for now. Wasn't planning on posting but these came out so incredible I decided to share. Of the 5 done so far, the seee-gaaaars are the only one with product. A little Alden brown paste. Excuse the non-Alden pic but I have always believed that the design of the Strand has no equal. Got these off the defect rack because the color was uneven. They have evened up and exhibit the most unique shade of brown of any shells I own......

View attachment 1209618

Lol thank you Shawn. Your pics always look the way catalog photos should. Outstanding.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

View attachment 1209618

Love the little care box in the back as well. Looking fantastic. Hope you’re having a good Saturday!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been much of a loafer guy but the unlined BB makeup may make me rethink that stance (and I think Indiana agrees). While these are very comfortable sockless, I'm fairly confident a lined loafer on Van wouldn't work with my instep. Going to have to try one on Grant or hope Alden introduces a partially lined shell model on Van.

20190720_164426.jpg

bik2101

Reaction score
seeing all these loafers, y'all go sockless? or what no show socks work for you?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate in that my feet don't sweat much, I never wear no-shows. Completely nude for me.

seeing all these loafers, y'all go sockless? or what no show socks work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads