• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh back in our very long term resident town San Clemente.. 70 out, lunch at the pier w/ cocktail cuz it’s vacation time w/ great friends from our old hood on the SC golf course.. too fun. Went TB cord shorts and pressed short sleeved shirt.

Attachments

• 3724DDBE-A54C-4641-995F-94BB904D8D59.jpeg
    3724DDBE-A54C-4641-995F-94BB904D8D59.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 18

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I need those! Were those the ______ Hill for Need Supply? I forget the name but I remember seeing them in the past when they were available.
I think they were, I bought them "used" (tried on once) so don't know the entire history, but they do say Need Supply on the inside.

Meelypops

Reaction score
Question on sizing: I currently wear a Barrie B/D which is a little too snug with a medium sock. How big is the difference in C/E in width/volume? More specifically, is the width change in the heel substantial?

My facings touch at the top as is with B/D. Unfortunately sizing Alden in the UK can be a little tricky given stockists are few and far between! Thanks

schweezly

Reaction score
Question on sizing: I currently wear a Barrie B/D which is a little too snug with a medium sock. How big is the difference in C/E in width/volume? More specifically, is the width change in the heel substantial?

My facings touch at the top as is with B/D. Unfortunately sizing Alden in the UK can be a little tricky given stockists are few and far between! Thanks

Interested in this as well. In my expected size, Barrie is snug to tight across the ball and on one foot the toes are tight too. I think going out to E is the best best but not sure how much it loosens the heel

Reaction score
If I wear 8 EEE in Barrie. What other size would also fit. Apparently EEE are special order so I'd rather get another standard size if possible. Thanks

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I wear 8 EEE in Barrie. What other size would also fit. Apparently EEE are special order so I'd rather get another standard size if possible. Thanks
If you're EEE in anything, everything but the most basic stock items will be special order. You could try to go up to 8.5EE, but that won't change your situation. You are looking at 14-16 weeks for standard builds and 6 months on pre-orders once the shop places another stock order (might not happen but once a year). Unfortunately for us non-D width people, this is just how it goes with Alden unless you get lucky and an someone backs out of a pre-order or find a pre-owned pair. On the plus side, you start to forget what you even had on order and are surprised when they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads