• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWatson

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

p.s.: how's my Matt step?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

View attachment 1197682

Welcome! And, not bad! Hope to see you post much more!

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

View attachment 1197682

I like it!! Big fan of tassels here. I don’t think the get the respect they deserve.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just catching up here - so Matt has stolen the AoM shipment of those blue suede boots, dyed them black, and absconded to Pakistan where he's selling them at a deep loss? Does Jim realize his partner has gone off the deep end??
Mister G International Man of Mystery.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey folks,

View attachment 1197682

Welcome aboard! Enjoy Chicago while there. Great choices of shoes to bring to the Windy City. Looking forward to many more posts.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to hate commando, but I agree on boots it's a great sole for wear and city walking.

On dress boots or other makeups I much prefer leather, but I'll give commando the edge for casual makeups :)
I much prefer leather sole as well, but for a rubber sole Commando is a very good one. I HATE Dainite, so have stopped buying boots from any company that has Dainite.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't go away, you should send an invoice for the photo to the seller. Something like $10,000 for use or threaten to sue for infringement.
The internet has made many things easier than they once were. Including theft. Especially theft. ☹️

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The internet has made many things easier than they once were. Including theft. Especially theft. ☹
If it were not for the internet, we wouldn't be here :) Agree, that theft is rampant, which is why I like everyone here, I don't have to worry about theft or deception, all great guys and for some reason, I would trust guys I meet on SF, Ebay is a different story however.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were not for the internet, we wouldn't be here :) Agree, that theft is rampant, which is why I like everyone here, I don't have to worry about theft or deception, all great guys and for some reason, I would trust guys I meet on SF, Ebay is a different story however.
True that.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads